Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit 4 lane CSI camera

Is it possible to use the two CAM ports on the devkit simultaneously to support a CSI 4 lane camera (for eg, using a special adapter to connect to the two ports at once)? Or does this need a different carrier board?

hello AJ.PV,

Jetson Xavier NX brings fourteen MIPI CSI lanes to the connector for the usage.
please access Jetson Xavier NX Product Design Guide form Jetson download center for reference.
you may also check [Table 8-3. CSI Configurations] and [Figure 8-2. CSI Connection Options] for the 4-lane configurations.
thanks

Hello JerryChang,

My question is if it is possible to have 4 lane configuration on the default devkit carrier board. That is, I want to know if the CSI0 block is connected to camera port J1, and CSI1 to the port J9 on the developer kit board.

hello AJ.PV,

had you review NX Product Design Guide?
it’s able to support three quad-lane camera streams.
thanks

Hello JerryChang,

I think I found the answer in Jetson Nano, Jetson Nano 2GB, Jetson TX2 NX, and Jetson Xavier NX Camera Module Hardware Design Guide. In Figure 2-8, it shows that connector J1 connects to CSI_0 and connector J9 connects to CSI_2. In the NX Product Design Guide, it shows that 4-lane can be used between CSI0-CSI1, CSI2-CSI3, and CSI4 . So 4 lane cannot be used in Xavier NX Devkit board because CSI0-CSI2 4 lane configuration is not possible. Is this correct?

hello AJ.PV,

you may enable CSI-0/1 for a four lane configuration,
please refer to Port Index session for more details.
thanks