Linked objects prevent some linked textures to be exported

Hello, I’ll try to explain the situation:

• I linked a collection called Collection from the House_interior.blend to BY_LC_102_shot_02.blend.
  • Instead of instancing, I link it directly to the scene.
  • In BY_LC_102_shot_02.blend, I moved some objects of the linked Collection to a local collection called BG.
  • I exclude Collection from the view layer (untick the collection).
  • I linked some materials from Ttotto.blend to BY_LC_102_shot_02.blend.
  • I import an alembic animation to BY_LC_102_shot_02.blend which uses the materials from Ttotto.blend for some models. The imported models are placed inside a local collection called import.
  • I move the models which use the materials from Ttotto.blend to another local collection called visible.
  • I exclude import from the view layer.

Exporting USD:

• If BG is included in the view layer: textures which are used by the materials from Ttotto.blend won’t be exported.
  • If BG is excluded from the view layer: textures which are used by the materials from Ttotto.blend will be exported.

I can send the files to a developer privately.

Hello @user79641! I reached out to the dev team for help on your post. I will post back when I have more information!

Thank you!

I think I know why. The Omniverse exporter just adds .targa_raw after the texture path so it can’t be loaded.

I think that’s for TGA only. Some PNG textures still won’t get exported.

Hello, I’d be happy to look at this issue with you. Could you share the files with me?