Multiple ros2 subscriptions to same published topic not possible

Hi all,

I guess I found a bug today as I wanted to record a ros2 bag from simulated data.
All topics, that were already subscribed by other nodes e.g. rqt_image_view to view images, a pointcloud processing node that processed the lidar pointcloud etc., were not recorded in the rosbag.

I also tested this by just subscribing to the same image topics with two rqt_image_view windows, which had the same effect, that only the first could sucessfully subscribe to the image and the second did not show anything.

I can also reproduce the issue, when I start the simulation, then first subscribe to the image with rqt_image_view or RViz, then close the image viewer and try to subscribe to it again.

So it seems, that once a connection to a subscriber has been established, no more connections can be established.

Please help.

@weidingerc, are you still seeing this bug with the latest Isaac Sim release?

With the latest Release I am unfortunately not able to get the Humble ROS 2 Bridge Plugin working at all.
I can enable it, but I am not able to subscribe to any data. Maybe my old scene cannot be used with the new version.

Hi @weidingerc , can you try on the latest release? The subscriber is outside Isaac Sim so as long as the topic is being published on, there should not be an issue. Does ros2 topic list show the relevant topics being published? Is there data on the topic?