New release of the SDK Manager (1.9) not supporting any JetPacks

Hello, on the 3rd of November a new release of SDK Manager has occurred, which is 1.9. It is said that there is support for Ubuntu 22 from this version. Moreover, in Release Notes, there is written (under Jetson), that JetPacks 4.5 and 4.6 may be flashed on board, yet after having launched the SDK Manager, under TARGET OPERATING SYSTEM, I can only see : ‘No available releases for host OS: ubuntu2204’, so what can I do with that, long time expected, SDK Manager for Ubuntu 22 release and how can I fix my issue?
I would be grateful for help.

Sorry to say that but this does not mean jetson nano is able to get flashed by ubuntu22.04.

That announcement is only for “sdkmanager” itself. This tool can install lots of software and it does not mean jetpack could be flashed by it.

I am sorry, but information from here: SDK Manager Release Notes :: NVIDIA SDK Manager Documentation about flashing suggests that JetPack 4.5 and 4.6 are flashable, yet in my SDK Manager there are no available releases for my host. So what can it be used for anyway, even supposing I had Jetson Xavier? As I can see there are no releases available for Ubuntu 22.04. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Hi,

Sorry that this is actually two separate things… Only the info under “what’s new” is for sdkmanger 1.9.

That jetpack 4.5 and 4.6.1 has nothing to do with this ubuntu 22.04. That is why you are here and asking me the question.
Jetpack 4 .x only supports ubuntu 18.04 and 16.04 to flash.

Ok, thank You, so can I flash anything on any Jetson board via SDK Manager (v1.9 under Ubuntu 22.04)?

no. no jetson board would be flashed. Need to use ubuntu 18.04

Now everything is clear, thank You. Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.