New TK1 System on Module

Disclaimer: This is a commercial announcement, but I think interesting to many on this forum:

Toradex just announced a TK1 Computer Module in the Apalis form factor. The module is compatible with the Apalis T30 (Tegra 3) and other SoCs.
[url]https://www.toradex.com/computer-on-modules/apalis-arm-family/nvidia-tegra-k1[/url]

This should be a great option if you are looking for a module to create a real product. The price is not online yet, but it will be 175 USD at 1K and 219 USD for a single pieces it works with in all Apalis carrier boards The module ships in Q2 2016.

You can also take a look at it at GTC2016, if you like

It looks like the module is intended to work with the existing Apalis evaluation board. Will this evaluation board work with both Apalis T30 and Apalis TK1?
[url]Embedded Computing | Our Products - Toradex

Yes, it will work with all the Toradex Apalis Carrier Boards, including the Apalis Evaluation Board and the Ixora.

On the Apalis TK1 we do not support the parallel display interface so this interface is not active on this carrier boards. But HDMI and LVDS (optional eDP) are supported for display interfaces. On the Evaluation Board you also have access to the DSI interface

Would the LVDS you mention be the same evaluation touch screens used with T30 via the flat flex cable connector marked “Unified Interface Display” be compatible? I’m wondering because I have one here (with a T30). It would be exciting to see how the drivers were set up to work with this (so far as kernel config goes).

If you have the capacitive touch screen from the Toradex webshop they will not work directly .Because even if they use LVDS internally they are connected via parallel display interface. (Unified Interface is parallel).
There is not a real standard for LVDS display connectors so you may end up to build a custom cables, the connect an LVDS screen. We will update the developer page on how to set the display timings in Linux.
[url]High performance, low power Embedded Computing Systems | Toradex Developer Center

If you look for a touch panel for tests you may can try on with HDMI like this one:
[url]Shop | Chalkboard Electronics

Would the LVDS you mention be the same evaluation touch screens used with T30 via the flat flex cable connector marked “Unified Interface Display” be compatible? I’m wondering because I have one here (with a T30). It would be exciting to see how the drivers were set up to work with this (so far as kernel config goes).This system on module has the same performance.

I have a T30 as well with the LVDS connected at the unified interface display connector. Apparently on the Tegra K1 variant does not support this.

No it does not work.
The reason is that the connector with the flat flex cable is a parallel display interface and not LVDS.
On the Apalis TK1 the parallel display interface is not supported.
However, please contact Toradex in the Seattle office as they may can help you out with some active adapters from LVDS to the flat flex cable converter, so you can use the same display.