No module named 'omni.isaac'

when i use “from omni.isaac.python_app import OmniKitHelper”

return “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘omni.isaac’”

Hello @3393013602 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

I cannot answer your question myself, but please allow me to move this topic to the Omniverse Isaac category where it should get the proper attention.

@3393013602 I replied here as well, happy to help more once you can provide additional details

Same problem here. What I did is

• install isaac sim on linux
  • open the isaac sim folder in /home//.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2022.1.1
  • source setup_python_env.sh
  • ./python.sh standalone_examples/replicator/offline_generation.py

I get the following error: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘omni.isaac’

Tried to install it using ./python.sh -m pip install omni.isaac and I get the following error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement omni.isaac (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for omni.isaac

1 Like

Hi @j.varughese - The error you’re encountering suggests that the omni.isaac module is not found in your Python environment. This module is part of the Isaac Sim Python API and should be available if Isaac Sim is correctly installed.

Here are a few things you can check:

1. Isaac Sim Installation: Ensure that Isaac Sim is correctly installed. You can verify this by launching Isaac Sim and checking if it runs without any issues.
  2. Python Environment: When you run the source setup_python_env.sh command, it sets up the Python environment for Isaac Sim. Make sure this command runs without any errors. If there are errors, they need to be resolved for the Python API to work correctly.
  3. Running Python Scripts: When running Python scripts for Isaac Sim, you should use the ./python.sh script provided by Isaac Sim, as you’re doing. This script sets up the necessary environment variables for the Python API.
  4. Module Installation: The omni.isaac module is not a standalone Python package that can be installed with pip. It’s part of the Isaac Sim Python API and is available when the Isaac Sim Python environment is correctly set up. Therefore, running ./python.sh -m pip install omni.isaac will not work and is not necessary.

If you’ve checked all these points and are still encountering the issue, it might be a problem with your Isaac Sim installation. In that case, you might want to try reinstalling Isaac Sim.

1 Like

Hello, I just reinstalled isaac sim and tried to run:
./python.sh standalone_examples/api/omni.importer.urdf/urdf_import.py
still same problem occurs

There are several ways to trace the root of this issue. If you open the python.sh you will see that it is reaching to some common location where kit is installed and the entire structure required to run Isaac Sim.

Maybe you could share you directory structure, maybe things are there but not on the places they are expected to be. Maybe your system is blocking access.

The error is explicit, you script cannot find kit, all your paths might be broken. You might have even broken the global one by doing stuff u shouldn’t.

You might have to fix your system, reinstalling Isaac Sim wont fix this.

Hi, I had the same problem for weeks. There is a python pip package called “omni”. If that is installed, the actual omniverse package can’t be found because python.sh searches in the omni python package instead of the local omniverse directories (at least that’s my interpretation of the problem).
Check if the omni package is installed with ./python.sh -m pip list
If so, uninstall it with ./python.sh -m pip uninstall omni to get access to the correct omniverse packages.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Hello,

I have the same problem.

(base) mona@ada:~/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1$ ./python.sh -m pip list | grep omni
WARNING: You are using pip version 21.2.1+nv1; however, version 24.0 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/home/mona/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1/kit/python/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

(base) mona@ada:~/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1$ source setup_python_env.sh
(base) mona@ada:~/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1$ 

error

from omni.isaac.core.utils.extensions import enable_extension
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'omni.isaac.core'
There was an error running python

I am running my script using ./python.sh

and

from omni.isaac.kit import SimulationApp
import os
import argparse
import random
import inspect

enable_extension("omni.replicator.isaac")

from omni.replicator.isaac.scripts.writers import YCBVideoWriter

Is the part of the script I get an error. Could you please help me?

I have also added the following in omni.isaac.sim.python.kit file:

"omni.replicator.isaac" = {}

#linux only extensions
[dependencies."filter:platform"."linux-x86_64"]

I also have installed the extension in isaac sim 2023.1.1 and enabled it

1 Like

OK I found the solution

# This is the config used to launch simulation. 
CONFIG = {"renderer": "RayTracedLighting", "headless": args.headless, 
          "width": args.width, "height": args.height, "num_frames": args.num_frames}

simulation_app = SimulationApp(launch_config=CONFIG)

enable_extension("omni.replicator.isaac")

from omni.replicator.isaac.scripts.writers import YCBVideoWriter
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.