No valid CUDA options for Lenovo Windows Laptops?

I need a conclusion to be confirmed or denied.

From what I can tell, there are no “supported” options for running CUDA on Windows laptops from Lenovo. The only non-beta drivers are the ones for CUDA 2.2 that came out last month. The installation instructions (yes I actually read them) specifically exclude Lenovo from the supported systems for Windows XP, Vista, and 7. The installer enforces this with a “no compatible drivers found” message.

Another alternative is the earlier beta notebook driver for CUDA 2.1. I’ve tried it and it does install. However it seems to cause issues, specifically with WPF and possibly DirectX.

I’ve had a lot of luck in the past with hacking driver installations for notebooks. Sometimes you lose some minor feature specific to the laptop, but it’s rarely a great loss. In this case though I’ve been unsuccessful at anything other than making the system unstable or slow.

Am I completely out of luck until either Lenovo or NVidia provides some relief? I’ve got a brand-new ThinkPad W700 with a Quadro FX3700 sitting idle right now…

One way or the other I’d like confirmation so I can stop obsessing about it.

Thanks

I’m running CUDA 2.1 on my Thinkpad T61p. I did not use the notebook version, I just used the default 2.1 CUDA install and it worked with no tweaking.
I have NOT tried CUDA 2.2 yet…

The driver version is 6.14.11.7781.

[Hmm, maybe this is v 2.0 and not 2.1, it’s not my main machine right now so I forget.]

I am running CUDA 2.1 with driver 181.22 on Lenovo T61p FX 570M.

But the latest driver 185.85 cannot be installed. This is disappointing. If we look into their install .inf files, FX570M is listed as one option. I asked the quesiton in the forum before. I am still waiting for nVidia to correct this problem.