NVIDIA Display settings are not available

Hi. I’m trying to get vGPU working with View 6.1.1. I’ve followed the steps in the deployment guide to a tee. When I install the NVIDIA Windows driver (348.27) and reboot the vm the issue occurs when I log into the machine afterwards. I’ll log in via PCoIP so I can access the NVIDIA control panel. Problem is that when I attempt to open the Control Panel it states, "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU"
The vm is 100% attached to a GRID K1 card. I’ve confirmed in Device manager that NVIDIA GRID K160Q and VMware SVGA 3D are the 2 Display adapters installed. As mentioned I installed the NVIDIA driver and rebooted. Why can’t I open the NVIDIA Control panel without that error?
I tried to resolve with known issue#47 in the NVIDIA vGPU deployment guide. Basically, it states if we come across the exact issue I’m seeing to simply go into Windows screen resolution and change the main display to the NVIDIA VGX. Problem is when I attempt to do that Windows states, "Unable to save display settings". I don’t know how to get around this, or why it won’t allow me to change.
Any help greatly appreciated as this is beyond frustrating at this point.