NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)

Target Operating System
Linux

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)

SDK Manager Version

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04

I’m struggling to locate camera provided in developer kit on target, by default it should be /dev/video0, but there is not such path.

I am able to get input from /dev/video0 once i connect usb camera to the platform, but I would love to use provided one.

Camera is working with sample projects, but I would love to know where it is located in system.

Camera info from the sticker: SEKONIX SF3325-100 Camera Module N2.0 RCCB

Dear @user5018,
Please connect cameras to GMSL ports. Please check DRIVE OS Linux

My camera is connected through GMSL port, but I would like to know from where is this device taken SF3324-CSI-A, because I would like to use it in my project, so I need path to the device.

Hi, @user5018

I would suggest you start with SIPL (Sensor Input Processing Library) Camera and its source code is under ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/nvsipl/test/camera of your host system (after installing DRIVE Software 10.0 with SDK Manager).

Hi, @VickNV

Unfortunately I was not able find any useful information in this code, but I think I successfully located camera.

I run the program to receive camera input

While the process was running I grab its PID(30264 in my case), and I use it to list used devices in this process $ lsof /dev/* | grep 30264

so I find out that it must be /dev//dev/capture-vi-channel0 and/or /dev//dev/capture-isp-channel0, correct me if I am wrong.

I tried to use it in my program but still I was not able to get camera input :/

Here I found sentence “The NvMedia camera applications use an Ethernet-based Control Communication protocol to request camera power on/off at the AURIX processors. It is not necessary to manually turn the camera power on/off through the AURIX shell interface.” so I assume that I need power on camera manually before using it.

Do you know appropriate command to do it?

You should access cameras with SIPL APIs. That’s why I suggested you referred to the sample application.