Nvspil_camera error

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
[v] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[v] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[v] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[v] 1.7.0.8846
other

Host Machine Version
[v] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi,
I am running nvspil_camera sample (NO modification). and get errors:

~/drive-t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/nvsipl/test/camera$ ./nvsipl_camera --platform-config “SF3324_DPHY_x4” --link-enable-masks “0x0001 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000” -d 0 -w 1
nvsipl_camera: ERROR: ModeSetCrtc failed for mode index 0
nvsipl_camera: ERROR: Unable to get EGLOutput layer
nvsipl_camera: ERROR: Compositor: InitDisplay failed
nvsipl_camera: ERROR: Compositor initialization failed. status: 127

while running sample_camera works as fine
/usr/local/driveworks-4.0/bin$ ./sample_camera rig=‘/usr/local/driveworks-4.0/data/samples/sensors/camera/camera/rig.json’

Hi, @bellhsu

Please make sure a monitor is connected to the target system and refer to ModeSetCrtc failed for mode index 0. Thanks.

HI @VickNV
The monitor is connected to HDMI as /usr/local/driveworks-4.0/bin$ ./sample_camera works fine.
reading the reference post, executing the sudo pkill X, the monitor is gone as the other shown.
Your suggestion of lost monitor is to “reflash DRIVE OS 5.2.6 and then try it again”, You mean reflash by SDKManager, again?

I haven’t seen the issue so I was asking you to refer to the developer’s experience there.
After “sudo pkill X”, do you still see the same output of your command?

after sudo pkill X, the display is gone (black screen), like your response to the thread you attached

The developer clarified their problem is due to the specific monitor.
running nvsipl_camera after “sudo pkill X” is because the application cannot be run with X enabled. You should be able to see the display output.
What’s your current nvsipl_camera command output (if run after “sudo pkill X”)?

the display is gone, I can’t run the nvsipl_camera.
I reflash the DRIVE O 5.2.6 by SDKManager, but the system can’t boot up anymore!

Please create another topic and attach your DRIVE OS 5.2.6 installation/flashing logs there. Thanks.