Omniverse USD Composer 2023.1.1 installation fails at "omni.create.warmup.bat"

Trying to install Omniverse USD Composer 2023.1.1 for the fifth time, with run as admin and not. Every time it gets stuck at “omni.create.warmup.bat”

Does anyone have a solution or some hints?

Thanks for any help!

System: Win11 22H2 22621.2134; i9-13900H; Mobile RTX 4080

That is the last part of the install that creates the shader cache and pre-warms the materials ready for use. I am not sure why it would keep failing there. Can you please send me your launcher logs. First clear all logs. Then try again. Then send me just the new fresh logs. Also tell me what GPU and what drivers.

Took me a while to figure this out.

This issue still persists with USD Composer 2023.2.5.

Most likely you are experiencing “connection issue” to the omniverse material database hosted on Amazon AWS. In my case, it just won’t connect even though I can ctrl+click the link to .mdl and download them.

Here is how I solved it:

After installation is stuck at warmup.bat, go to the directory \ov\pkg\create-2023.2.5 and run command line in powershell :
.\omni.create.warmup.bat --/app/environment/name='launcher_warmup'

If the following is printed, then the connection issue can be confirmed.

All you can do is to wait for the program to iterate through ALL the .mdl file. It took me a few HOURS!

Grab a cup of coffee and check it out later.

To omniverse team:

First, it makes no sense to make shader cache a prerequisite for installation. Nobody would expect it to take hours to “warmup”! If the process is terminated, omniverse launcher somehow deletes all the file. Such bad code.

Second, when connection issue is experienced, skip this step and let the rest of installation proceed.

Please fix this.

Ok thanks for letting us know. It should only take a few mins. Not sure why it took so long on your computer.