I’m currently working on a custom design based on the Jetson Nano production module.
The team working on this project has run hundreds of tests in order to make port usb2-2 work to no avail.
No matter what we do, the port consistently fails to establish communication.
In order to make things simple, we have connected simple devices directly to the port.
So far I think we have covered all the possible combinations.
I’ll try to list them as comprehensively as possible:
- We have tried the case where the pen-drive is plugged with the power supply fixed to 5VDC
- We have tried the case where the pen-drive is plugged without the power supply until the board has finished booting
- We have tried the case where the pen-drive starts unplugged with the power supply fixed
- We have tried the case where the pen-drive starts unplugged and we supply the voltage after it has been plugged
- We have tried repeatedly plugging and unplugging the pen-drive with the power supply fixed to 5VDC
- We have tried repeatedly plugging and unplugging the pen-drive providing power after the unit was connected
We have done this with four different pen-drives, we also tried with a usb to serial converter, a wi-fi dongle and an sd-card reader.
All of those devices work correctly on port usb2-0 as well as on a usb2 hub placed on port2-1.
They will all fail while trying to set the device address for this port if using the old scheme.
If using the new scheme, they will all fail while trying to get the device descriptor.
In conclusion, the port seems to fail when trying to establish a signal path after the initial speed detection and reset.
I have reviewed the dts many times so I’m almost certain this is not a dts issue.
I’m considering there should be a bug somewhere on the device drivers.
I look forward to any suggestions on this issue.