Usb port problem

After restarting jetoson nano after shutdown, the usb device (keyboard / mouse) does not work.
Please tell me how to solve it.

Device:jetson nano
jetpack 4.2.2

Even unplug/plug still can’t recover?
In that case, it could be a hardware issue.

I tried to unplug and plug. However USB port doesn’t work.
Is there any other solution?

Which port are you using? The Nano dev kit carrier board micro-USB only works in device mode, so if that is the port you are using this would be why it fails. If you are using a different port, then we’d have to ask about what carrier board you are using, and if not a dev kit, then if you installed the board support package for the different carrier board.

I’m using USB ports(J32)(keyboard / mouse), HDMI, Power Jack(J25) and Ethernet.
I tried to connect different USB ports, but they don’t work.
I’m using Nano dev kit b01 type.

Could you tell me how to check current status of device mode or not ?

The micro-USB port on nano is in device mode. So it will not work.
But the other USB type-A port(there are 4 ports) works in host mode.

Your description says other USB ports don’t work as well.
So it probably a hardware issue.
You can:

1. ssh to the device
  2. plug/unplug the USB
  3. use “dmesg” to confirm there is no USB log when you plug/unplug.

I guess there will be no USB log.
Then you can contact your retailer.
Your operation is correct, and It’s probably a hardware issue.

As @juns mentions, J32 is a regular USB type-A port, and so this should “just work”. Probably not relevant, but I also wanted to mention that if this is a b01 then mixing it with an earlier a02 dev kit carrier board it won’t work (if this is a b01 module+carrier then everything should just work as expected, and I assume from what you said that this is the case).

Can we verify that you are still able to log in via either serial console or ssh? If so, then you can monitor “dmesg --follow”, and then plug in and unplug the keyboard/mouse and see what shows up. To see a list of devices visible to USB you can run command “lsusb”; a tree view would be “lsusb -t”. If you see nothing on any of these it is probably time for RMA.

Thank you for your support.
I connected ssh and checked log.
As you said, there were no log of USB.
So, I will request RMA.

Thanks

I tried to change another micro SD card that I’m using in another Nano(A01 type).
Then, I can use USB port in Nano(B01 type).
In addition, when I used micro SD card of Nano(B01 type) to Nano(A01 type), USB ports were working in Nano(A01 type).

In this case, do you know what is causing the problem?

I tried to change another micro SD card that I’m using in another Nano(A01 type).
Then, I can use USB port in Nano(B01 type).
In addition, when I used micro SD card of Nano(B01 type) to Nano(A01 type), USB ports were working in Nano(A01 type).

In this case, do you know what is causing the problem?

Does there two sd card have same image?
Could you tell me the “uname -r” result?
On my JP4.4 DP image, nano will get result of “4.9.140-tegra”.

Yes, these SD cards are installed jetpack 4.2.2.(but installed program are different)
Results of “uname -r” are 4.9.140-tegra on both SD cards.

You know, if one of the image is Jetpcak 4.3 or 4.4 DP, it can be explained.
945-13450-0000-100 is B01, while 945-13450-0000-000 is A02.
As you can see, only JP4.3 and 4.4DP can support both. But one of the JP4.2.2 can make it work doesn’t make sense…

=====
This SD card image works for all Jetson Nano Developer Kits (both 945-13450-0000-100 and the older 945-13450-0000-000) and is built with JetPack 4.4 DP. Download and write it to your microSD card and use it to boot the developer kit.

This SD card image works for all Jetson Nano Developer Kits (both 945-13450-0000-100 and the older 945-13450-0000-000) and is built with JetPack 4.3. Download and write it to your microSD card and use it to boot the developer kit.

This SD card image for Jetson Nano Developer Kit is built with JetPack 4.2.2. Download and write it to your microSD card and use it to boot the developer kit.

Different revisions may require different device trees, so mixing the wrong content (for the wrong revision) can cause USB or other ports to fail. Basically what @juns just said in more detail.