Problem Flashing Jetson Xavier

Hi,

I am having an issue getting past the Flash OS step for Jetpack 4.4. The SDK fails at this step and I have attempted to run flash.sh from the command line. I now get an error that says probing the target board failed and to ensure the device is connected via USB and is in recovery mode.

I am positive it is in recovery mode, and lsusb -d 0955:7019 shows the device as connected. I’ve tried also the other options for flash.sh (external, mmcblk0p1,sda1) with no luck. Has anyone have any advice on how best to proceed with troubleshooting this issue?

1. I’ve tried also the other options for flash.sh (external, mmcblk0p1,sda1) with no luck.

This has nothing to do with the flash. This option is for choice of booting device.

1. Are you able to see any log from serial console when you start the flash.sh?
    https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

2. If you cannot see any log from serial console, could you try another ubuntu host?

HI, thanks for the response.

1. The log output from flash.sh is always the same:
    ###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R32 , REVISION: 4.3

###############################################################################
Error: probing the target board failed.
Make sure the target board is connected through
USB port and is in recovery mode.

1. I am seeing a periodic system message stating “Activiation of network connection failed” That I storngly suspect has something to do with this issue. I am looking into resolutions now.

2. I can’t try another Ubuntu host until later.

I will update this thread too, just in case it helps someone else.

1. I want to check if there is log from serial console. Not from your host. Please do read the page I posted again.

2. Where do you see this activation of network failure? On your ubuntu host?

1. Apologies, I totally misread it the first time. I am setting up minicom now, but am having issues. I do not have /dev/ttyUSBn (any number). When I unplug/replug the jetson USB I do see ttyACM0. I have not gotten a log yet, but am proceeding. I have followed all of the steps for minicom that were described, too.

2. The message was on my host. I think it is unrelated, as I have fixed it.

To update, I’ve done sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3 -8 -b 115200 and got a No such file or directory error. I went in the /dev directory, unplugged the jetson USB, and mad enote of the file that was removed (ttyACM0). I then run sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0 -8 -b 115200 and get into minicom:

Welcome to minicom 2.7.1

OPTIONS: I18n
Compiled on Aug 13 2017, 15:25:34.
Port /dev/ttyACM0, 15:31:55

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

I’ve tried running flash.sh in another terminal, same error as reported before. In flash.sh, I made the following change:

elif [ "${tegraid}" = "0x19" ]; then
            # Xavier
            CMDLINE_ADD="console=ttyTCU0,115200n8";

Changed to:
elif [ “${tegraid}” = “0x19” ]; then
# Xavier
CMDLINE_ADD=“console=ttyACM0,115200n8”;

But that had no effect, so I reverted it back.

Which usb port do you connect? ttyUSB3 should be from the micro usb port but not the typeC port.

Which usb port do you connect? ttyUSB3 should be from the micro usb port but not the typeC port.

Hi,

I think the problem was a conflict with my OS. I tried again on another machine and it worked. Thanks for all your insight , it was much appreciated.