Problem installing apt packages on Jetpack 4.6

I am trying to install ROS on my new Jetson Nano (that I bought last week and it came with an internal eMMC Flash 16GB), but I get the following error:

$ sudo apt install ros-melodic-desktop

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ros-melodic-desktop : Depends: ros-melodic-common-tutorials but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: ros-melodic-geometry-tutorials but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: ros-melodic-robot but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: ros-melodic-ros-tutorials but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: ros-melodic-urdf-tutorial but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: ros-melodic-visualization-tutorials but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: ros-melodic-viz but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I didn’t have similar problems on my previous Jetson which was running Jetpack 4.5.
I have tried sudo apt update && sudo apt install -f command but it didnt solve the problem.
Any idea if this is related to JetPack or it’s a general ubuntu problem?

Are you following the melodic/Installation/Ubuntu - ROS Wiki?

Yes I am. And my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ros-latest.list looks like this:
deb http://packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu bionic main

Apparently, it’s not about ROS but something related to my package manager, since I face the same error when trying installing any other package with apt (e.g. python-urllib3)

Calling

• sudo apt update
  • sudo apt upgrade and
  • sudo apt-get autoremove
    does not fix the problem either.

I tried dpkg --get-selections | grep hold to see the held packages, but that returns empty either.

Hi,
Not sure but probably the storage size is not sufficient. Please do clean re-flash through SDKManager and then execute:

$ sudo apt remove --purge thunderbird* libreoffice* chromium*

This should clean out some not-in-use package. And then check if you can install the required packages successfully.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.