Re-Installing Ubuntu on JETSON-NANO-DEV-KIT with 16GB eMMC

Hi
I bought a JETSON-NANO-DEV-KIT with 16GB eMMC and successfully installed Ubuntu on the device. I would like to re-install a fresh Ubuntu on the device. I re-write the image to your microSD but when I turn on the device it comes back to the old OS. The OS has been installed on the 16GB eMMC, to confirm it, I removed the SD card and the device booted up without SD card and I could manage to log in.

Now, I am wondering how can I re-install the new and fresh Ubuntu on the JETSON-NANO-DEV-KIT with 16GB eMMC.

Hi,

It is wrong from the beginning. You are not using a NV devkit. It is just the vendor’s product name which misleads you. Please read below post first.

You can flash your board with sdkmanager, but your sdcard slot won’t work after it. You need to ask the vendor to provide customized BSP.

Added note: The SD card slot of a dev kit is on the module itself. The third party carrier boards have the SD card slot on the carrier board. Different driver setup, and different device tree setup is used on this (this is where the manufacturer’s flash software will differ from NVIDIA’s dev kit software, otherwise parts of this are compatible…you won’t have a good result if not using their software to flash).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.