Reinstall Jetpack

I’ve messed up something with my Jetpack installation. So I renamed the install directory to nvidia_jetpack_bak. Then I thought I would run the sdkmanager and re-install everything. But when I run the SDK manager it re-downloads (or checks that some files are downloaded), but it doesn’t install the Jetpack files in
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3448

Any ideas on how for force a re-install?

Hi Shadowmind,

Please remove below folder and re-download again:

$ sudo rm -R ~/.nvsdkm

I did that and then removed the files located in the Downloads directory. Now when I try and re-install everything through the SDK Manager I get the following error messages:

09:15:25 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano :
09:15:25 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano : tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
09:15:25 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano : NV_L4T_DRIVERS_NANO_COMP command /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_NANO_COMP.sh finished with error
09:15:25 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano : command terminated with error
09:28:01 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano :
09:28:01 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano : tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
09:28:01 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano : NV_L4T_DRIVERS_NANO_COMP command /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_NANO_COMP.sh finished with error
09:28:01 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson Nano : command terminated with error

Any ideas?

Check this to see if you are running into an Ubuntu bzip2 update bug:
[url]Jetpack 4.2 Xavier Install Failed - Jetson AGX Xavier - NVIDIA Developer Forums

I don’t think think there is a bzip bug. I used the same exact version the poster in the thread did on the same verified file and it worked. Nobody can replicate iirc.

There is a problem with one of the bzip2 releases from Ubuntu that will result in the problem that Shadowmind saw in #3. There are workarounds posted in the thread that linuxdev linked to.

Also note that the L4T directories are not unpacked on the host until you flash a target board.

Regards,
Greg

Re: bzip2, I am still skeptical there is a bug. It sounds more like a bad cdn and an installer that doesn’t verify the integrity of downloads (other than hoping the extraction will fail).

If I saw this documented elsewhere I might change my mind but it’s just that one thread, bzip2 is very old and very mature, and I’ve noticed connectivity issues myself to Nvidia servers.

Re: flashing requirement: I skip that step every time. Connecting the board does not seem to be a requirement.

(doublepost due to inexistent mobile interface)

Similar date range to problems with CDN, Nvidia download servers in that issue. When the multiple people affected are mostly downloading from Nvidia servers, to me it seems more likely to be the CDN or the servers which is a common issue rather than a very severe bug in a very mature project. It’s academic but that is where my money is.

Yeah, I guess the root cause isn’t all that important really. In my case downgrading bzip2 on my host machine (not the tegra) solved the problem. bzip2 no longer falsely said archives were corrupt.