Robot Engine Bridge connection between Isaac Sim and Isaac SDK

Hi…

I’m getting trouble to run the Shuffle Box with Simulator sample under the system shown in the image…

I have a “full contained in containers” remote workstation and I think that the problems are int the IP/PORT configuration of the Robot Engine Bridge connection…

These are the current configuration that I have running:

Isaac Sim (Robot Engine Bridge - application json)

/isaac-sim/_build/linux-x86_64/release/exts/omni.isaac.robot_engine_bridge/resources/isaac_engine/json/isaacsim.app.json

"config": {
    "interface": {
      "input": {
        "port": 55001,
        "host": "0.0.0.0"
      },
      "output": {
        "port": 55000
      }
    }
  }

Isaac SDK (sim tsubgraph for tcp connection: loaded by apps/samples/manipulation/shuffle_box.py in the line 131)

packages/navsim/apps/navsim_tcp.subgraph.json where the host is the Remote Workstation IP

"config": {
    "interface": {
      "input": {
        "port": 55001
      },
      "output": {
        "port": 55000,
        "host": "172.17.6.97"
      }
    },

When I open the stage at omni:/Isaac/Samples/Isaac_SDK/Scenario/sortbot_sim.usd and start the simulation and the Robot Engine Bridge; and I run bazel run apps/samples/manipulation:shuffle_box there is a partial connection between the applications. I can see the stage CAD model from Isaac Sight but it doesn’t work.

Also, these are segments of the “continuous logs” of both applications:

Isaac Sim

2020-07-27 09:34:05.323 WARN  engine/alice/components/TcpSubscriber.cpp@165: Failed to connect to remote. Will try again in 0.500000 seconds. 

Isaac SDK

2020-07-27 09:35:34.795 WARN  engine/alice/components/TcpSubscriber.cpp@191: EOF encountered which likely indicates that the connection was closed by the remote. Will try to reconnect.                                                        
2020-07-27 09:35:34.795 INFO  engine/alice/components/TcpSubscriber.cpp@140: TCP receiver trying to connect to remote (172.17.6.97:55000)...                                                                                                    
2020-07-27 09:35:34.795 INFO  engine/alice/components/TcpSubscriber.cpp@170: Successfully connected to remote (172.17.6.97:55000). Will start receiving.

In summary:

• WHAT WOULD BE THE CORRECT CONFIGURATION TO LINK BOTH APPLICATIONS IN A FULLY CONTAINED ENVIRONMENT?
  • WHAT APPLICATION MUST BE EXPORT THE PORTS TO THE HOST AND ACT AS A SERVER?

Thanks in advance

Hi, thanks for the clear diagram and useful information. We currently do not have a recommended implementation of Isaac SDK and Isaac Sim communicating between containers in 2020.1. Here are a few things you could try:

1. Remove the “-p55002-55003:55000-55001” mapping on the Isaac SDK container.
  2. Volume mounting the Isaac SDK into the Isaac Sim container and running it from the Isaac Sim container.
  3. Use the network host flag (–network host) to run all containers.