RTX8000 Driver installation Ubuntu

I have been having trouble installing the drivers on my Ubuntu 20.04 on my system. I replaced the GPU with an RTX2060. I have taken the following steps to try and install the driver:

• Remove all Nvidia previously installed drivers
  • Boot into the Ubuntu desktop environment on Nouveau
  • Go to additional drivers and select the 470 driver meta package (I have also tried this method along with the .run & apt package https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads.)

Then when I try to boot the system turns on but does not go to login and just shows a black screen, ssh also fails to start so I can’t access the machine at all. I am able to acess root through the advanced start grub menu and remove NVIDIA drivers which means I can go to GRUB.

The graphics card does appear correctly on lspci: running lspci | grep “USB Controller”
0f:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation JHL7540 Thunderbolt 3 USB Controller [Titan Ridge 4C 2018] (rev 06)
12:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation JHL7540 Thunderbolt 3 USB Controller [Titan Ridge DD 2018] (rev 06)
1a:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship USB 3.0 Host Controller
21:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU102 USB 3.1 Host Controller (rev a1)
23:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship USB 3.0 Host Controller
47:00.1 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Matisse USB 3.0 Host Controller
47:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Matisse USB 3.0 Host Controller

The tb3 card I use to power the monitor but even when running headless I get the same boot problems.
I have also tried blacklisting nouveau on start along with the usb-c controller which I understand can cause boot problems.

I also noticed when trying to start in an older kernel I was able to get ‘failed to start NVIDIA persistence daemon’
I’m not sure if this is also useful?

I can’t boot into windows using the regular boot sequence either, only through safe-boot which does correctly recognise the graphics card.

I was able to get an nvidia-bug-report I believe this was with both GPUs in my system (2060 & rtx8000) that maybe of use. Is there a way to get this report without access to the system after boot, as I’m not sure if this is the most current log error message?

nvidia-bug-report.zip (546.7 KB)

This problem seems similar to Ubuntu 20.04 Problem Installing CUDA & Nvidia driver &
Can't install nvidia-driver in ubuntu 20.04.2 kernel version 5.8.0-55