Run flash.sh -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 successfully. But Xavier can't enter GUI

Hi, I’m going to flash Xavier. Terminal shows complete successfully.
Then Xavier restart. But Xavier can’t enter GUI just see the black screen after see Nvidia Logo.

I can restart Xavier normally when I flash it in same way before.
I’ve flashed Xavier many times but got same problem.

Does someone have any ideas…?

It is common that something goes wrong if you change anything related to the kernel.

You can use the uart console to tell what happened to the board.

Hi,I trying to use uart console mode.
I use micro-USB cable to connect.
but /dev/ttyUSB3 doesn’t work.

Does Xavier set recovery mode?

If you can see the NVIDI logo, then it is your uart setup issue.

UART log will start to print from very early stage of the boot.

Hi WayneWWW,
I downloaded L4T Release’s Sample Root Filesystem. Then according to the user guide(https://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r32_Release_v4.3/t186ref_release_aarch64/l4t_quick_start_guide.txt?EUVv_jj9YCKfSfJ22w9k1HhHP6sT11DSqcq3SjnCpNXpNDRBN11_K6Z_P01c74I_PuxFr0KzuUsacJpjgkieJRTePYMMEMOkqxIn11kD9MJEuQkrbkfuXT_c8hfK6yhjWlu0J37eiiYaE-TWgMvNYK5IsY9l_s7AQVHAGPlAnXoIroIVtRbkLr5rZYbj7Q&t=eyJscyI6ImdzZW8iLCJsc2QiOiJodHRwczpcL1wvd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb21cLyJ9) step by step.
Xavier can restart normally after typing command: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1
So I start flashing kernel by sudo ./flash.sh -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

Host OS shows :
*** The [kernel-dtb] has been updated successfully. ***
Xavier also flash successfully.

Does it have something wrong about kernel?

And here’s new question:
First, when I restart Xavier by manual. It spent up to 10 min…
Second, Xavier couldn’t find anything about CUDA…

What’s wrong about Xavier you think?
Should I flash Xavier by sdkmanager?

Hi,

1. Firstly, take care of the serial console first. This is the essential one to debug any kind of boot issue. Unless you are able to dump it, this issue won’t have much progress with just the description you provided.

2. I don’t know what is the point in your latest comment. Below is my reply.

Xavier can restart normally after typing command: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

→ OK, sounds expected.

So I start flashing kernel by sudo ./flash.sh -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
Host OS shows :
*** The [kernel-dtb] has been updated successfully. ***
Xavier also flash successfully.
Does it have something wrong about kernel?

→ Are you using the default kernel dtb from the original jetpack or it is a new dtb built by you?

And for your new questions

First, when I restart Xavier by manual. It spent up to 10 min…

We cannot tell, dump the uart serial console and the timestamp will tell us what happened.

Second, Xavier couldn’t find anything about CUDA…

I don’t know if you are new to all of this. But the default “Sample Root Filesystem” does not include CUDA. That is why sdkmanger exists. Those SDK are installed from sdkmanager.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.