Run Isasc Sim on a specific GPU

Hello

I have access to a server with multiple GPUs. Most times, GPU 0 is used by other users…
So, my question is: How can I use a specific GPU to run Isaac? I checked the experience configuration file but there is not anything related with that

Best regards

Hi, please see this post:

Hi…

That time I am using the Local Workstation Deployment…
So, I am executing ./_build/linux-x64_86/release/isaac-sim-headless.sh manually… But I cannot select a specific GPU…

Could you give more info on what kind of server you are using and how the GPU is shared between the users? Is each user on separate VM?

Currently, Isaac Sim does not support Multi GPU natively on Linux. I would suggest running it in a docker container and select the GPU using the flag below:

–gpus '“device=1”

The other users run their projects in the same server (we have physical accounts)… The admin is afk this week, so it is not possible update NVIDIA Container Toolkit to run in a docker container…

That is why I was asking about set the GPU device id manually in a Local Deployment

I’m afraid it might not be possible to run Isaac Sim natively when gpu device 0 is in use.

Hello. Is this feature available now? I have the need too.

@user93426 I believe it should work. Please try our latest Isaac Sim 2023.1.0 container.