Saving DLI Jupyter Notebooks

If I make changes to the code blocks in the DLI Course Jupyter Notebooks and save the notebook, the next time I access the machine, the changes are not reflected. I’ve even tried to save as a new name. While still logged in to Jupyter Notebook, the new notebooks show up, but when I reboot the jetson, and log back into JN, they are gone. I’m sure it’s something easy to fix, but I’m scratching my head right now…

1 Like

Hi @michael.party, this is because the container filesystem gets reset when you exit the container. I recommend that you mount a directory from your Jetson into the container by adding this argument to your run script:

--volume /path/to/your/folder:/my_folder

Then /path/to/your/folder on your device’s filesystem will show up under /my_folder inside the container. You can save your edited notebooks to there, and you will be able to see them from outside the container.

Brilliant - makes sense. I’m reflashing my card right now and will try this as soon as it is ready.

Thanks @dusty_nv - this worked.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.