Screen tearing Issues with A200 Quadro GPU on Lenovo P1 laptop

Hi,

I’m having problems with A2000 GPU on Lenovo P1 laptop with Ubuntu 22.04 and nvidia-driver-515.
I have never seen such issue before and it is not occuring on Windows.

External monitor is LG with resolution 3440x1440 and the problem is that when I’m not doing anything, screen is partially moving, creating a tearing effect for part of screen.
This is not a scrolling issue, it is a different one as I’m not scrolling anything.

Event with enabled full display composition sometimes this issue occurs.

Can some Nvidia support engineer assist me with the problem.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

The file can be downloaded from the following link: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

The monitor seems to be connected over two intermediate displayport branch devices (DFP-5.1.5), are you using any kind of dock/hub?
The nvidia linux driver is bad in that, does the tearing effect also happen if you connect the monitor directly to the port?

Yes, I"m using ThinkPad docking station.
I’ll try to connect directly to HDMI port of laptop and see if the issues still persist.

The nvidia driver had issues with thinpad docks before
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/white-noise-static-with-quadro-t2000-mobile-and-external-monitor/155374/21
So this might be a reprise of it. Did you already check the dock firmware is up to date?

Firmware is up to date.

For now to skip this issue I just disable/enable monitor and tearing goes away.