SDK Manager fails to install JETPACK 4.4.1 LINUX on host

Hi,

I’m using SDK Manager 1.3.1.7110 and get the following error when installing JetPack 4.4.1 Linux on the host (ubuntu 18.04) with custom download folder xavier_sdkmanager_download:

11:34:14 INFO: VPI on Host: exec_command: dpkg -f xavier_sdkmanager_download/vpi-lib-0.4.4-cuda10-x86_64-linux.deb Package | tr -d '\n'
11:34:14 INFO: VPI on Host: exec_command: dpkg -f xavier_sdkmanager_download/vpi-lib-0.4.4-cuda10-x86_64-linux.deb Version | tr -d '\n'
11:34:14 ERROR: VPI on Host: command terminated with error
11:34:14 SUMMARY: VPI Cross Compile Package on Host: Depends on failed component

And similar errors for other packages.
When I run the command in terminal, no error occurs:

$ sudo dpkg -f xavier_sdkmanager_download/vpi-lib-0.4.4-cuda10-x86_64-linux.deb Package | tr -d '\n'
vpi$ echo $?

I can even install the packages manually without issues, but the SDK Manager always responds with INSTALLATION ERROR.

How can I fix it?

We need more logs to check the root cause of the error. Could you please package and attach ~/.nvsdkm directory on your host machine?

I removed all nvidia repository links from /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* and did an sudo apt update. Then I removed the Nvidia driver and all cuda related packages via sudo apt purge ....
Afterwards the installation on host worked.

Then I had issues installing on the AGX Xavier device which I could fix by providing an absolute download directory instead of a relative one.

Hope this helps anybody with similar issues!