first of all thanks for all the great information that can be found here.
I’m trying to build a fully redundant setup for two racks in different locations with the smallest amount of switches. From my understanding MLAG will help me to keep redundancy towards the servers. That means for each rack:
- use two switches to create a mlag domain
- attach all servers to both switches.
So I need at least 4 switches. Now to my problem. I want to avoid another two spine switches. For my setup (two racks) this seems be a little overpowered and the spines would only use 4-6 ports each. The question mark in the picture shows where the magic must happen.
Looking at other posts I see the following option.
- With MLNX-OS 3.6.6102 STP and MLAG can coexist.
- I implement a fully redundant interconnect of all 4 switches.
- I activate MSTP (as I have multiple VLANs)
- MSTP will allow to utilize interconnection as good as possible
Is this ok or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.