Something wrong with apt-get

Hi,
I have a Xavier AGX and I want to install aptitude. But when I use the ordor ‘sudo apt-get aptitude’, it shows:

/usr/bin/apt-get: 1: /usr/bin/apt-get: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting “)”)

I think there is something wrong with my apt-get, but I don’t know how to fix it.

What happens if instead:

sudo apt update
sudo apt-get install aptitude

hyf@hyf-desktop:~$ sudo apt update
[sudo] password for hyf:
/usr/bin/apt: 1: /usr/bin/apt: ELF: not found
/usr/bin/apt: 2: /usr/bin/apt: M: not found
/usr/bin/apt: 3: /usr/bin/apt: Syntax error: “)” unexpected

hyf@hyf-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install aptitude
/usr/bin/apt-get: 1: /usr/bin/apt-get: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting “)”)

The above says something is seriously wrong. I suspect you are going to need to flash the system again, perhaps after cloning if there is something valuable on the AGX, but I am wondering how the package system ever made it to that state. Is there anything unusual about this Jetson?

It must be my fault. I tried to use this odor:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture amd64

because I want to install software for systems that require amd64. Now, I want to know whether the steps of reflashing system is as same as the steps of flashing system for the first time.

Did you run that on the Jetson? If so, then it will only mess up your system. The only legitimate use of the wrong architecture (which a Jetson has no ability to use) is if you are cross compiling from Jetson to host PC, or else going to run inside of an emulator for the amd64 architecture.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.