It’s been some weeks now for me trying to get the stereo working in a CAVE we have that is running on Ubuntu. The following items describe my setup:
- OS: Ubuntu 17.04
- Graphic Card: Nvida Quadro K5000
- Graphic Driver: Nvidia Binary Driver - Version 384.111, nvidia-384 (private, tested)
- Displays: Two BARCO Projectors (using the active glasses Barco Volfoni Edge 1.1)
About the X Server configuration, the important things to mention are:
- The stereo is enabled, and configured with option 3, which corresponds to ``` Stereo Mode: Onboard DIN ``` , and that was chosen based on this documentation http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/390.42/README/xconfigoptions.html and some previous support provided by Nvidia Support Team.
- The two Barco projectors are configured as a single screen:
Screen Number: 0 Dimensions: 3840x1200 Refresh rate: 120 Hz Displays: BPS BARCO WUXGA3D (DFP-3), BPS BARCO WUXGA3D (DFP-0)
Once this was configured, I ran the following command in order to test the stereo feature:
glxgears -stereo -fullscreen
But the test application DOES NOT appear blurry (as in stereo mode). So, I’d like to get some help from you to see if there’s any configuration I might be missing. Please notice that I attach some additional config files:
- xorg.conf (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R4LzVS5D3byU-Wg__tEbc0kPlxbO7XZs/view?usp=sharing)
- nvidia-bug-report (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1erAq8Ucy2mogivrIjk__QTJy_KAa6adS/view?usp=sharing)
Thank you very much in advance!