Support for Raspberry Pi High Definition Camera for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit

Pleased to announce that we released support for Raspberry Pi High Definition Camera for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit.

Please download the tar file from here and follow the README inside the tar file.

Out of the box, Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit supports Raspberry Pi V2 camera. Today’s release enables you to switch to supporting Raspberry Pi High Definition Camera instead. (You can also switch back to supporting Raspberry Pi V2 camera as well)

Enjoy connecting Raspberry Pi High Definition Camera to Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit!

UPDATE 11/12/2020: We released an updated tar ball today (same locaiton here ). The tar ball contains an updated library with tuning changes for Raspberry Pi High Definition Camera. Please re-download the tar ball and follow the README.

We are sorry. We will fix this ASAP.

The link is working now. Please try now.

Thank you for the great news. do we need to do anything with the camera board itself as stated in the other threads e.g. remove a resistor in the board

There is no modification required at all if you are connecting it to Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit.

Great thanks.
Sorry to ask again but you specify the new 2GB nano board, i have the very first 4GB nano kit (not the revised one), will this work with the HQ camera or it is only the new 2GB kit

Hi EbrahimAli,

The current out-of-box support for RPi HQ Camera is added for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit only. For the 4GB nano kit, as you correctly mentioned, it required modification of the board.

Noted thank you

Hi suhash, I test the file and the IMX477 camera works, however, the image looks so ‘green’. Do you have any solution that improving the effect? I attach the preview picture for referencing.

@Zera, we will be fixing it very shortly. We will update the tar file with IMX477 tuning changes.

We released a new tar ball today (same location) which includes an update library which included tuning changes for the RPI High Def camera. Please re-download the package and follow the README.

e-CAM130_CURB, Ultra HD 4K 13MP MIPI Camera for Raspberry Pi 4

Will support for the RPi HQ camera be added to the Jetson Nano 4GB (Rev 2) without having to modify the HQ camera board (removing the resistor)? Or is this a hardware issue that was fixed in the Nano 2GB release?

Hi,

we have a few of the nano B01 4GB boards and want to use the HQ camera with them.
To make the workaround with the R8 resistor is not a problem, so can we use the solution for the 2GB Version
also for the 4GB B01 boards?
This is unclear to us, please clarify.

BR
Erich

Hello,
I am doing a project which requires a decent camera. I was thinking of using the raspberry pi HQ camera but it seems that support with the Jetson Nano is not great?
Is there any more information about this? removing the resistor doesn’t seem to be a big deal but is that the only thing I need to do?
Thanks

@erich.voko, the tar ball we released for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit to support RPi HQ is only for Nano 2GB Developer kit. It wont apply to Jetson Nano 4GB Developer Kit.
Please check the below link form our partner Ridgerun on Rpi HQ on Jetson Nano 4GB Developer Kit:

@suhash
Thanks for the answer. Is it planned to make this also for the B01 Version?
The RidgeRun stuff is also for the JetPack 4.4, not working on 4.4.1.

BR
Erich

@erich.voko, yes we plan support it on Jetson Nano 4GB in our roadmap. Have you tried the Ridgerun instructions on JP 4.4.1?

Hi,
thanks for the answer, what is your timeframe for this?

Yes, I tested it and it goes into a bootloop only showing the nvidia logo - then black - then logo.
Did not have an UART to USB converter here in my homeoffice, have to order one for more debug in the future.

BR
Erich