Support for Raspberry Pi High Definition Camera for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the HQ camera driver in Jetpack 4.4.1 and Jetson Nano 4GB. We will try to reproduce the problem and get back to you.

FYI, only in Jetson Nano 2GB the camera would work without removing the resistor.

-David

Hi, yes I removed the R8 resistor on my testcamera.
With JetPack 4.4 the camera is working correctly now.

BR
Erich

Made a video of removing R8

Hi, A new version of the driver for JP 4.4.1 is available in Raspberry Pi HQ Camera in Jetson Nano - #78 by CarlosR92

-David

@Dharmalingam.K What is the maximum exposure time possible in 130=CURB camera? The rpi v2 camera supports up to 10 seconds of exposure to record images in low light. Can your camera support 10 seconds or more at 4K resolution?

1 Like

HI Jaiyam,

Our current firmware has to support up to 1 second of exposure time. If required, we can optimize according to the requirement. Please write us with your requirements to “sales@e-consystems.com”

Thank you.

Hi David @DavidSoto-RidgeRun, Are there any plans for the JP4.5 version of the driver?

2 Likes

I have the same question.

How are you asking the camera to take an image on the Jetson?
Using nvarguscamerasrc only give me video at 30 or 60 fps. I can’t change the exposure time beyond the frame rate.

See my post here:

I don’t think it is possible using nvarguscamerasrc. Just use the camera as a uvc compliant v4l2 device named /dev/video0. A utility called v4l2-ctl will allow you to set more options than nv plugin. After setting the parameters using v4l2-ctl, read the frames using ffmpeg by specifying the framerate via the -r flag. You can redirect the output of ffmpeg to stdout and use it in a normal python script. To be perfectly clear, I have done this on a raspberry pi, not nano, but since we are using standard linux commands, I expect this to work on the nano as well.

1 Like

Hi @noyvirt

The driver is already included in the latest l4t-r32.5 but it is missing the device tree configuration so it is disabled.

1 Like

Hi @DavidSoto-RidgeRun and @Edison_F_A , I am seeing image quality issues with the Raspberry Pi HQ Camera when I use the RidgeRun driver on my Jetson Nano developer kit. (The 4GB version, not the 2GB version.)

Here are pictures I captured using the RidgeRun driver (installed using these instructions), and then another driver available from ArduCam (installed using these instructions). There is an obvious difference in image quality. Is there something in the installation instructions that I missed? Do I need to use a special ISP configuration file with the RidgeRun driver?

1. Raspberry Pi HQ Camera - RidgeRun driver - Jetson Nano Developer Kit

2. Raspberry Pi HQ Camera - ArduCam driver - Jetson Nano Developer Kit

Thank you!

Hi @EdjeElectronics ,

One quick question, are you using the ISP calibration files that we provide in our repository?

The one here, installed using these instructions.

Hey @CarlosR92 , installing the camera_overrides.isp file fixed it! The coloration looks normal now. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Your installation instructions for the IMX477 driver never mention needing to install the ISP calibration file. At least, it wasn’t clear to me 😅. Can you guys add that to the instructions?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @EdjeElectronics , I just added a couple of lines at the end of the guide to make sure everyone uses the ISP to avoid the washed-out colors issue.

2 Likes

Hi CarolR92,

It’s possible to use this driver in Jetpack 4.3?

Thanks.

Hi @luissilva.lfrs , the driver might work, but the patches won’t apply directly, you will need to do some integration work.

Thank you. I didn’t know either.

1 Like

Thanks CarlosR92,

When will the RidgeRun IMX477 driver for jetpack4.5 be available?

Thanks

Hi @luissilva.lfrs ,

Support for Jetpack 4.5 is now available in our github repo: https://github.com/RidgeRun/NVIDIA-Jetson-IMX477-RPIV3.

Please test and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Carlos R.

1 Like

I have noticed a few typos (x2) in the README for the Raspberry Pi IMX477 Driver package located here: RPi IMX477 Support Nano 2GB
This might be misleading to newcomers looking to set up their new camera!

Would we be able to get these corrected?

1. line 5, column 66 - reads /usb/sbin. This should be corrected to read /usr/sbin
  2. line 11, column 54 - reads aarch64-linu-gnu/. This should be corrected to aarch64-linux-gnu/

Thank you