Raspberry Pi HQ camera IMX477

Hallo everyone,
i have now a Raspberry Pi HQ Camera and i want to run it on jetson nano, but i’m not familiar with.
Also i use Jetpack 4.6 on my Jetson nano.

Do I have to follow these steps as mentioned here:
Raspberry Pi HQ camera IMX477 Driver | Linux driver for Jetson | RidgeRun ???

Do I have to remove the resistor R8 to be able to install the IMX477 Linux driver for NVIDIA®Jetson™??

Thank you

hello yazan.doha,

may I know which Nano platform you’re using, please check the sticker on the back for the board revision.

Hey @JerryChang ,
Do you mean that??

hello yazan.doha,

Raspberry Pi HQ camera IMX477 should support Nano 2GB. please do below tests without removing resistor R8.
please execute Jetson-IO, $ sudo /opt/nvidia/jetson-io/jetson-io.py to configure Jetson Nano CSI Connector.
you should see IMX477 as compatible hardware, please save the pin changes and also reboot the target to reconfigure the pins.

Thank you very much.
my camera works fine.
but i have a problem, when the camera works, i can do nothing on jetson nano. i mean i can not also close the camera or move the photo.
How can I take a Photos or record a video?
what sould I do?

hello yazan.doha,

may I know what’s your command-line to launch camera stream?
please see-also developer guide for samples, Approaches for Validating and Testing the V4L2 Driver.
you may enable argus_camera application, which include user-interface for sending camera controls, and also camera operations for snapshot/recordings.

hello JerryChang,
i used this Command: Display 1920×1080

SENSOR_ID=0 # 0 for CAM0 and 1 for CAM1 ports
FRAMERATE=60 # Framerate can go from 2 to 60 for 1920x1080 mode
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=$SENSOR_ID ! “video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920,height=1080,framerate=$FRAMERATE/1” ! nvvidconv ! nvoverlaysink

as mentioned here: IMX477 - 12MP HQ Camera - Arducam
but i don’t have any control of my camera.

when I use the command here as you mentioned:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc num-buffers=200 ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=NV12’ ! omxh264enc ! qtmux ! filesink location=test.mp4 -e

i get an Issue like this: LINE IS SET TO ZERO

thank you very much

hello yazan.doha

what did you meant? don’t it create test.mp4 and recode validate content?

BTW,
please have a try with below commands to disable preview and launch stream to shows frame-rate only,
for example,
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=NV12' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=I420' ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=0 video-sink=fakesink sync=0 -v

hello JerryChang,
i get like this:

hello yazan.doha

it looks promising, which shows the stream is outputting without frame drops.
you may enable argus_camera application, which include user-interface for sending camera controls, and also camera operations for snapshot/recordings.

hello JerryChang,
Sorry but how can i enable argus_camera application, which include user-interface for sending camera controls, and also camera operations for snapshot/recordings.

hello yazan.doha

please download MMAPI, $ sudo apt install nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api.
after that, you should see /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/argus/README.TXT.
please follow the steps to build the samples and also argus_camera application.

hello JerryChang,
i can not find /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/argus/README.TXT
i have now test.mp4 but it is so slow and the images also.
what’s maybe the problem??
but the videos and the photos are recorded in the background, i can’t see my camera when it runs.
in the future i will to use this camera in Live mode.
what can i do??

hello yazan.doha

are you using a native JetPack release image? had you access APT server to download MMAPI?

hello JerryChang,
here when i tried to download MMAPI:

i get it.

i don’t know if your question (are you using a native JetPack release image? had you access APT server to download MMAPI?

)means if i downloaded sdk manager or not??
i use jetson nano for first time

hello yazan.doha

there should be /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/ after your download MMAPI.
that’s JetPack release if you downloaded sdk manager for installation.
please also check $ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release on your target to confirm the l4t release version.

hello JerryChang,
I haven’t downloaded the SDK Manager yet, should I download it?

When I run the command: $ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
I get:

R32 (release), REVISION: 6.1, GCID:27863751, BOARD: t210ref, EBAI: aarch64, DATE: Mon Jul 26 19:20:30 UTC 2021

hello yazan.doha,

don’t you see jetson_multimedia_api after install this package, nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api?
please execute $ sudo find / -name jetson_multimedia_api to locate the files.

hello JerryChang,
sorry but i can not find it.

hello yazan.doha,

you must be kidding me, it’s shown the exact path below the find commands… /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api