tegra-camera-platform driver probe failed

Hi all,

I’m experiencing some weird behaviors testing a custom kernel driver for a camera in a custom board using Jetpack 3.2.1 and TX2. It looks like when starting the board, the tegra-camera platform driver fails to probe, causing the camera to not work at all.

We know our driver works because for a different carrier board it is working without problems. And also, I can capture using v4l2src properly, but nvcamerasrc gets stuck and never starts.

This is the error I’m getting with dmesg:

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ dmesg | grep -i camera
[    0.582637] tegra_camera_platform tegra-camera-platform: tegra_camera_probe:camera_platform_driver probe
[    0.583175] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_isomgr_register isp_iso_bw=3925327, vi_iso_bw=1500000, max_bw=3925327
[    0.583245] __tegra_isomgr_register(): iso bandwidth 3925327KB is not available, client tegra_camera_ctrl
[    0.583291] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_isomgr_register: unable to register to isomgr
[    0.583326] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_probe: failed to register CAMERA as isomgr client
[    0.583378] tegra_camera_platform: probe of tegra-camera-platform failed with error -12

Something interesting is that if I disabled all my patches, letting the L4T 28.2 sources as default, the same errors appear. So that I’m not sure if this is a hardware problem or not.

Also, digging a little bit into the source code, it looks like the issue is related to these settings that shows 0 in dmesg:

[    0.466066] isomgr_init(): iso emc max clk=0KHz
[    0.466084] isomgr_init(): max_iso_bw=0KB

Could you please help me to understand what does this mean?
If the tegra-camera platform driver doesn’t probe, nvcamerasrc won’t work, is that correct?

What difference between the TX1 and TX2 could be causing this problem? I’m asking because with TX1 the problem doesn’t appear.

Thanks for your help on this.

hello CarlosR92,

If the tegra-camera platform driver doesn’t probe, nvcamerasrc won’t work, is that correct?
correct

What difference between the TX1 and TX2 could be causing this problem? I’m asking because with TX1 the problem doesn’t appear.
there’s a ISO BW client register failed. you could also refer to below kernel source for more details.

sources/kernel/kernel-4.4/drivers/video/tegra/camera/tegra_camera_platform.c

moreover,
according to the failure message,

[    0.466066] isomgr_init(): iso emc max clk=0KHz
[    0.466084] isomgr_init(): max_iso_bw=0KB

seems EMC frequency is not programmed correctly, most probably the ramcode is not correct.
since there is no EMC BW available, display fails to come up. you need to get the BPMP log from the board to have more detail about the failures.

if UART7 debug is available, please take logs from that.
here’s similar topic for your reference:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1025679/jetson-tx2/how-to-enable-uart7-d8-d5-as-normal-uart-like-other-uart-uartc-c280000-/post/5225257/#5225257

I am also having a problem related to this. My camera’s will not work with nvgstcapture-1.0 or gstreamer due to argus-daemon crash. I see the same dmesg output as Carlos.

I’m using TX2 with IMX 214, OV5640, OV5670. We have our own drivers that are verified to work.

dmesg

[ 0.583744] tegra_camera_platform tegra-camera-platform: tegra_camera_probe:camera_platform_driver probe
[ 0.584375] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_isomgr_register tpg_max_iso = 3916800KBs
[ 0.584466] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_isomgr_register isp_iso_bw=1000000, vi_iso_bw=1500000, max_bw=3916800
[ 0.584510] __tegra_isomgr_register(): iso bandwidth 3916800KB is not available, client tegra_camera_ctrl
[ 0.584547] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_isomgr_register: unable to register to isomgr
[ 0.584580] misc tegra_camera_ctrl: tegra_camera_probe: failed to register CAMERA as isomgr client
[ 0.584635] tegra_camera_platform: probe of tegra-camera-platform failed with error -12

I’m not sure if this is hardware problem or not. Others in my company have had no issues like this with the same dtb and Image as me.

Liam, In my case it was a hardware problem, I was using an Auvidea J100 Revision 2 board when having the problem. However, using Revision 5 the problem disappeared and I was able to capture without problems.

I think the problem might be related to the same GPIOs problem mentioned on this post [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1009011/kernel-4-4-drivers-platform-tegra-mc-isomgr-c-isomgr_init-fails-to-initialize/?offset=23[/url]