The option "Import Face Animation" is not present in UE5 (UE Connectors are installed)

I hope someone can help me figure out why this is happening. I have been watching tutorials on YouTube about how to import Audio2Face facial animations into Unreal Engine 5. In those tutorials, they show the option “Import Facial Animation”, when they right click on the content browser. I don’t have that option in my UE5 project, even though I have installed all the UE connectors from Nvidia Omniverse. Please, look at the following screenshots. This one was taken from the YouTube tutorial:

This one is what I see from my own Unreal Engine project:

And here you can see the connectors page:

Any idea how to fix this issue? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Hi rominachirre,
We combined A2F animation and USD animation into Import USD animation, you can select the animation type in the importer dialog of Connect 202.1.
For your case, you should select Audio2Face MetaHuman Curves

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me, JulianCao! I was able to animate the head of my metahuman thanks to your reply to my post! You are amazing! Thanks a million for your precious help!

1 Like

Just a note, I love to answer questions with a documentation link. Information about importing Audio2Face facial animation is pretty well documented here: Importing Audio2Face Facial Animation.

Thanks @rominachirre for using the connector! I hope you’re able to make beautiful things.

1 Like

Oh, thank YOU so much for sharing this tutorial with me, LouRohan!!! I will definitely read it. I’m eager to learn!!! Very appreciated!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.