Problems when exporting .usd in Audio2face

Hi!
I want to export an animation created in Anim2Face, and I see that the only option is from “Export weights”. I’ve watched a lot of videos on how to do it and they are all old videos that have the “Export as USD SkelAnimation” option, which doesn’t appear in version 2022.2.0. Following all the steps perfectly, it doesn’t let me import the animation in Unreal Engine 5, and I think it’s because the option “Export weights” and “Export as USD SkelAnimation” are not exactly the same.

I don’t know what else to do :(

Hi there,

The button is updated. Can you try setting the Format to USD and clickingExport Weights button, similar to this image to see if it works?

Please also note if you’re using arkit template, it doesn’t support metahuman weight import yet. But if you use bs_46 it should work.

Correct, I have chosen Format USD and “Export Weights”, and when I import it to Unreal Engine 5 it gives me an error, but I have seen videos of people doing it and it works (I have activated the plugin and done everything I have seen that had to be done).

In your test, did you use bs_46 or arkit template?

bs_46

Can you provide us the Audio2Face log files and the Unreal Engine error please?

The Audio2Face log files which can be found here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.nvidia-omniverse\logs\Kit\Audio2Face

When I import the .usd file to Unreal Engine I get the “USD Import Options” window and without touching anything I click on “Import”, and then I get the error “Failed to import. Failed to create asset.”

In the Audio2Face folder I get the following:

Can you please upload the last log file kit_20230302-002938?

kit_20230302_002938.log (720.1 KB)

Here is the file :)

1 Like

Just looked at the log and didn’t find any abnormalities.
Are you able to send you A2F file and/or the resulting file you’re trying to import to UE?

a2f_metahuman.usd (442.1 KB)

Yeah, here you have.

Hi @nirnaeth_8, I downloaded the file you attached and it loads into UE5 well as shown in the attached video. Do you find any difference between this video and your workflow? Thanks.

1 Like

I see that the problem is that I don’t have the “Import Facial Animation” option (nor any of the options where it says Omniverse). What plugin do I have to install to make it appear? I look for some Omniverse plugin and nothing appears in Unreal Engine.

That’s it, fixed! I didn’t have Epic Games Unreal Engine 5.1 installed from the Omniverse Connector. I had not seen anywhere that you had to install it, I saw it by chance. Now I can see the options.

Thank you very much :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.