TX2 bare-module factory shipping firmware / pin config?

Does the TX2 Module (bare module - 900-83310-0001-000) come with a blank firmware load? Or more specifically, does it leave all IO in a “safe” (input with high-Z or at most a k-ohm pull resistor) state until programmed? If I design a carrier board that uses some TX2 pins as inputs (where the Dev kit carrier dtb configures them as outputs), am I going to run into any problems during manufacturing? I would hope that a new bare module would not configure any pins as outputs until after I program a FW load that does so, but I want to confirm that this is the case.

Thanks,

Brad

hello brad_,

here’s Jetson TX1-TX2 Developer Kit Carrier Board Specification for your reference:
http://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx1-tx2-developer-kit-carrier-board-spec

Yes, I am familiar, but that doesn’t really answer my question. My question is more: what happens if I don’t make my carrier use the same pinmux as the dev kit carrier? Does a factory-fresh module (module-only, not dev kit) ship programmed with a dtb for the dev kit carrier (bad) or does it come blank (good)?

Hi brad_,

Sorry for the late reply, the module was shipped with pre-flash image, and developer will required to flash their new image to fit the change with their carrier board design, it does not ship with blank.

Thanks