Unable to Launch Audio2Face App [It crashes everytime I try to launch the App]

@KoWillems - Actually the EGX server is provided to us by the NVPS Team under Tryegx. And it was already having a 511.65 driver version on it. But then, to check out with previous versions of the NVIDIA driver, I have installed the one which I was using for Public Cloud vWS i.e from the NVIDIA public Google Cloud Storage Bucket with URI :

gs://nvidia-drivers-us-public/GRID/GRID13.1

And the driver version is : 472.39_grid_win10_win11_server2016_server2019_server2022_64bit_international

@jimit-modi but the 472.39 also doesnā€™t work for you on the EGX?
I havenā€™t tried 472.39, only a newer one (512.78) which is GRID14.1, will try the older one too.

@KoWillems - I am able to run other apps with the current driver version 472.39 and also the apps were working correctly with the 511.65 driver version except for the Audio2Face App on the EGX server.

@esusantolim - any update on how we can workaround to resolve the issue?

Hi @jimit-modi ,
Please try this file.
Iā€™ve disabled scene.visualization that was left enabled on your previous file. Iā€™ve also disabled audio2face.tool on line 45 & 275.
This does mean that a2f may not function at all on this app, but see if you can launch it.
audio2face.kit (9.3 KB)

@esusantolim - Itā€™s still crashing. Not able to launch it with the kit file you provided.

Hi @esusantolim - I was looking and the crash logs and it stated that one file name omni.graph.core.plugin.dll. So, I tried removing it from its location and then tried launching it. Then the A2F app launched from the Omniverse Launcher. So, then I tried enabling the A2F functionalities by enabling what we had disabled previously. Then also the app launched but still, A2F functions were not available.
So, I guess there is some issue with this omni.graph.core.plugin.dll file itself.

Please find the Screenshot of the A2F App window:

@jimit-modi Can you make a screenshot of the GPU you have on the EGX? Wondering if it is also vGPU.
Thanks for all the feedback!

@jimit-modi
Maybe it will work, if you copy the omni.graph.core.plugin.dll file from the GCP system to the EGX system?

@KoWillems - This didnā€™t work.

@jimit-modi ah, too badā€¦ I really think itā€™s related to the GPU type then. But it would be weird, since NVIDIA themselves are promoting the EGX servers for use-cases like Omniverse.

@KoWillems - but I am able to run other apps like Create, View, Machinima etc perfectly on the same system.

@jimit-modi ,
One thing you can try in Create is to try enable the omnigraph core extension in there to see if it works.

Audio2face deformation is built on top of OmniGraph, so by deleting the omni.graph.core.plugin.dll, you are disabling not just omnigraph, but also audio2face runtime deformation.
Previous .kit file that I sent only disable other supportive extensions for A2F, and I didnā€™t try disable A2F itself, because even if we manage to get the app to run, at that point, you wonā€™t have audio2face.

In Create, if you manage to play with some example of omnigraph in the same environment, then that would be great that at least the core itself it running. We are still trying our best to get the next version of A2F out that has the most recent SDK that is matching what Create or Machinima is on, and as thereā€™s quite a big change in kit sdk, omnigraph and audio2face itself, our effort is probable better spent on getting the next version running with the promised features :)

Having said that, again, please try play and confirm that Omnigraph is working fine on that environment. You can try the Particles sample scene that should be in the NVIDIA folder of your localhost setup.
If you want to continue trying this out the current A2F app, then you can try disable omni.audio2face.tools. (line 45) of the .kit file. That should pretty much disable audio2face. and see if you can launch it.

@esusantolim - An update on this thread. Today I was able to launch the A2F app with full functionalities working. And I was able to achieve this after removing the carb.graphics-direct3d.plugin.dll file from the directory path: C:\Users\jimit_modi\AppData\Local\ov\pkg\audio2face-2021.3.3\kit\plugins\carb_gfx.
And I think that itā€™s the issue with this direct3dx .dll file for the audio2face app only. As I am able to launch the Create App perfectly on that system.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good news @jimit-modi
with the new sdk on the a2f release, there will be a major changes on the core side, including the carb_gfx library. We can test this again once the release is out :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.