Using GigE camera with jetson nano

Hi,
I am trying to use GigE theimagingsource camera(DMK 33GP1300 - GigE monochrome industrial camera) with Jetson Nano. If I use the ethernet port to connect the camera, it is not detected. can I connect it to the USB port using ethernet to USB adapter?
Hope to find some help

Hi, typically the GigEVision camera vendor will need to provide a Linux aarch64 (arm64) build of their driver SDK to run on the Jetson. Have you installed that?

If the vendor doesn’t have a version for ARM available, you could try the Aravis open-source project: [url]https://github.com/AravisProject/aravis[/url]

Hi,
I have installed that. My doubt is can I connect the camera to the ethernet port and It will be detected or I need to use an ethernet to USB adapter and connect it to USB port of the jetson nano.
I was having a doubt since I am connecting it to the ethernet port it is not getting detected.

Hi,
We don’t have experience of using this type of camera. Other users may share their experience.

Hi dusty_nv.
I have some problems in installing Aravis.
do you sure it is compatible with jetson nano ubuntu18?

Hi @mojtabamir962013193, I haven’t used Aravis before myself, so I’m not sure - sorry about that. Since this is an old topic, you may want to file a new topic with the specific issues/errors you are encountering (or file an issue against the Aravis Github)