Utilizing SPI3.1 on J21 TX2 developtment kit

I am trying to add support via device tree for a custom spi device which utilizes the platform driver system.
Currently I have it fully working on SPI 3 CS 0 but I am unable to enable CS1 at all either using a spidev node or changing the reg value from <0x0> to <0x1>.

Here is the SPI node I am working with, the following works fully with my custom node and driver as spi3.0. spi3.1 spidev fails to toggle CS1 at any point even though it is present in/dev/spi3.1. Its default state after boot should be high like CS0.

I have tried swapping the reg values which results in spidev being spi3.0 with CS0 functioning correctly and my custom driver being loaded as spi3.1 but CS1 is still always low.

spi3: spi@3240000 {
		compatible = "nvidia,tegra186-spi";
		reg = <0x0 0x03240000 0x0 0x10000>;
		interrupts = <0 39 0x04>;
		nvidia,dma-request-selector = <&gpcdma 18>;
		#address-cells = <1>;
		#size-cells = <0>;
		#stream-id-cells = <1>;
		dmas = <&gpcdma 18>, <&gpcdma 18>;
		dma-names = "rx", "tx";
		nvidia,clk-parents = "pll_p", "clk_m";
		clocks = <&tegra_car TEGRA186_CLK_SPI4>,
			<&tegra_car TEGRA186_CLK_PLLP_OUT0>,
			<&tegra_car TEGRA186_CLK_CLK_M>;
		clock-names = "spi", "pll_p", "clk_m";
		resets = <&tegra_car TEGRA186_RESET_SPI4>;
		reset-names = "spi";
		status = "disabled";
		lepton3@0 {
			compatible = "flir,lepton3";
			reg = <0x0>;
			spi-max-frequency = <17000000>;
			spi-cpol = <1>;
			spi-cpha = <1>;
			lepton-sync-gpio = <TEGRA_MAIN_GPIO(J,5)>;
			lepton-i2c-bus = <1>;
			controller-data {
				nvidia,enable-hw-based-cs;
				nvidia,cs-setup-clk-count = <0x3>;
				nvidia,cs-hold-clk-count = <0x3>;
				nvidia,rx-clk-tap-delay = <0x0>;
				nvidia,tx-clk-tap-delay = <0x0>;
			};
		};
		spi@1 {
			compatible = "spidev";
			reg = <0x1>;
			spi-max-frequency = <18000000>;
			controller-data {
				nvidia,enable-hw-based-cs;
				nvidia,cs-setup-clk-count = <0x3>;
				nvidia,cs-hold-clk-count = <0x3>;
				nvidia,rx-clk-tap-delay = <0x0>;
				nvidia,tx-clk-tap-delay = <0x0>;
			};
		};

};
};

I found the problem. It seems the CS1 for this spi device does not exist.

For the following since hardware devices contain multiple names, names called as spiX are the names from the TRM. I will refer to the devices by these names and its alternate name will be called “spiX” in quotes.

In the device tree the spi devices are listed as “spi0” through “spi3” however when taking the base registers and looking at the Parker TRM I found that the names are off by one IE: spi4 register in the TRM is labeled as “spi3” in the device tree.

To make matters even worse spi4 on the pinmux is called out mapped to “spi1”. This “spi1” is what is broken out on J21 however it is missing one important detail. nowhere in the pinmux or TRM does it state that spi4 contains a second chip select CS1 but on J21 there is a signal called “SPI1_CS1” which according to the schematic is mapped to pad E13 on the 400 pin module connector. This pad does not exist on the pinmux excel file.

The TRM states that only spi1 and spi2 contain 2 chip selects which are called “spi2” and “spi0” respectively on the board schematic. Of these, only one, spi2 has cs1 broken out on J23.