Verify gstreamer version shipped in a Jetpack and upgrade to Gstreamer 1.20

Jetson AGX Orin, Jetpack 5.0.2, Ubuntu 20.04.5

How does one verify the gstreamer version shipped with a Jetpack? I’m on JetPack 5.0.2 .
Is there a web page were Nvidia lists the version number? In the documentation I see version numbers for all other components except for gstreamer. I’m aware of $ gst-inspect-1.0 --version, and see that I have version 1.16.3.

So why all the questions. I’m investigating a pipeline issue and gstreamer folks (forum) are suggesting I upgrade to a newer version. In stackOverflow in a comment a contributor indicated version 1.20 ships with Ubuntu 20.04. Is this true? In Nvidia forums I read upgrading may remove Deepstream hardware acceleration.

These are the current versions of GStreamer. Is there a development plan (version and dates) for implementing the version in Jetson AGX Orin? Which version level is OK? Is there a defined process for upgrading beyond 1.16.3?

Building from source GStreamer 1.21.0 (GIT) works on Orin NX together with deepstream after changing the file gstreamer/subprojects/gstreamer/gst/gstplugin.c Just look for

/* libgstpython.so is the gst-python plugin loader. It needs to be loaded with

G_MODULE_BIND_LAZY.
Ideally there should be a generic way for plugins to specify that they
need to be loaded with _LAZY.
*/

and change the source than to

if (strstr (filename, “libgstpython”))
flags |= G_MODULE_BIND_LAZY;

if (strstr (filename, “libgstnv”))
if (strstr (filename, “libnvdsgst”))

with best regards
Dieter

Dieter, Thanks
Heading into the weekend so I will attempt to recompile on Monday and let you know how it works.

I’ll look up on gstreamer/Nvidia to see how to compile.

Thanks again.

I looked at How to upgrade gstreamer version to 1.20 without breaking deepstream on jetson devices

Seems NOT advisable or possible to upgrade. However, you indicate a change to gstplugin.c is sufficient.

Just re-checking, and a few additional questions.

I found a file to compile gstreamer that Nvidia includes at /usr/bin/gst-install. Is this how you would compile? I’m not sure where gstplugin.c is in that re-compile process. I see this file in several gstreamer_tutorials sub-directories but not in one I’m thinking would be needed to re-compile gstreamer. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I appreciate your help, Thanks!
Steven

thanks for the information
you need to build from thr sources
with git clone --recursive GitHub - GStreamer/gstreamer: GStreamer open-source multimedia framework
than cd gstreamer/subprojects/gstreamer/gst
than featherpad ./gstplugin.c
in the current version its line 864 look for the lines with
if (strstr (filename, “libgstpython”))

and add:
if (strstr (filename, “libgstnv”))
if (strstr (filename, “libnvdsgst”))

with best regards
Dieter

Thanks, I will have a look next week. Thanks for you info and time!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.