https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/jps/setup/quick-start.html#installation

I run
sudo apt update

sudo apt install nvidia-jetson-services

But when I go to /opt/nvidia/jetson/services
there is no /vst/ folder

Just as well when I run:

sudo systemctl start jetson-vst

It returns: Failed to start jetson-vst.service: Unit jetson-vst.service not found.

Note that I have Jetpack 6.0 installed with DeepStream.

I am trying to run the AI NVR sample app.

Hi @nickjalali, can you confirm the following:

1. You are using JP 6.0 GA release, which is BSP 36.3 version.
$ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
# R36 (release), REVISION: 3.0, GCID: 36191598, BOARD: generic, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Mon May  6 17:34:21 UTC 2024
# KERNEL_VARIANT: oot
TARGET_USERSPACE_LIB_DIR=nvidia
TARGET_USERSPACE_LIB_DIR_PATH=usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/nvidia
  1. The package installation was successful with no errors
$ dpkg -l | grep nvidia-jetson-services
ii  nvidia-jetson-services                       1.1.0                                       arm64        NVIDIA Jetson Package
  1. The contents of /opt/nvidia/jetson/services, which should include vst.
$ ls /opt/nvidia/jetson/services
firewall  gpumonitoring  ingress  iotgateway  monitoring  networking  redis  storage  sysmonitoring  vst

You will not be able to start jetson-vst service unless vst is installed successfully (as above).

1 Like

@nickjalali

If you use SDkmanger to download and install platform services then you will find them as

t-tech@ubuntu:/opt/nvidia/jetson/services$ ls
firewall  gpumonitoring  ingress  iotgateway  monitoring  networking  redis  storage  sysmonitoring  vst
t-tech@ubuntu:/opt/nvidia/jetson/services$ 

From your information, what I see the platform services have not been downloaded and installed yet.

Which Jetson device do you have?

Is it possible to show the what comes on the terminal when you run

sudo apt install nvidia-jetson-services

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
Results from following your suggestions:

cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
# R36 (release), REVISION: 2.0, GCID: 34956989, BOARD: generic, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Thu Nov 30 19:03:58 UTC 2023
# KERNEL_VARIANT: oot
TARGET_USERSPACE_LIB_DIR=nvidia
TARGET_USERSPACE_LIB_DIR_PATH=usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/nvidia
dpkg -l | grep nvidia-jetson-services
ii  nvidia-jetson-services                     1.0                                         arm64        NVIDIA Jetson Package
ls /opt/nvidia/jetson/services
firewall       ingress     monitoring  redis    sysmonitoring
gpumonitoring  iotgateway  networking  storage

It seems that I am using BSP 36.2 , does this explain why vst is not installing, or is not installed? Do I have to wipe and reflash my Jetson using SDKM? I am using Jetson Orin NX 16.

Hi @nickjalali - yes, that’s the reason, as VST was not part of debian in the earlier DP (36.2) release. You need to upgrade your Jetson to 36.3 BSP (via SDKM or manual flashing).

1 Like

Thanks. I updated my SDK manager to 2.1.0.11682 on my host Linux device, but the most recent version seems to be Jetpack6.0 (Rev. 2) Linux for Jetson Orin NX Modules.

This is 36.2 correct? Is 36.3 not available on SDKM? The quickstart guide says you can install 36.3 using SDKM.

Jetpack6.0 (Rev. 2) is GA version. It will install 36.3 BSP (Jetson Linux). Just follow the install guide and choose Jetson Platform Services, so you get everything you need.

1 Like

Ok, I will proceed with installing via SDKM. Thank you very much for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.