We cannot receive any signal from TegraB

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello, when we used our NVIDIA AGX recently, our screen is in black but we sure that it is not the problem of the cable HDMI and the screen (because our keyboard and mouse are on; and when we plugged the cable to tegraA/XavierA, everything is OK).
so my question is how can we solve this problem and if we need to reinstall the DRIVE AGX System with the black screen of XavierB, can we use the tegraA to do this in tegraB? Does it have any risk about losing the data when we reinstall the system of TegraB?

Thank you so much.

You can use SDK Manager to flash Xavier B. It shouldn’t erase any data on Xavier A.
However, as a precaution, it is recommended to backup any important data on Xavier A before proceeding with the flashing process.

you mean that we can use the sdk manager in TegraA to flash tegraB? because the screen is always in black when we plug the HDMI cable to TegraB.
And could you tell me clearly the process to do(or a link which explains the steps)

Thank you

It seems that you have not installed or flashed DRIVE OS before. To flash it, you can use SDK Manager which is a tool that runs on your host system. I recommend referring to the DRIVE OS 5.2.6 Installation Guide for NVIDIA Developers (assuming that you’re using DRIVE OS 5.2.6). Make sure to select only the Xavier you want to flash in the step shown below:

thanks a lot, I followed your tips step by step but it required the password for user nvidia, do you know where we can find it, thank you.

hello, I also hve this problem, when I do step"enable update", nvidia always told me “could not resolve ‘ports.ubuntu.com’”,do you know how to fix it, thank you

The step you followed requires setting a password for the user ‘nvidia’. You can choose any password you want for this user.

Please check your network connectivity and ensure that you can access the internet.

1 Like

(The nvidia we use is the Nvidia DRIVE AGX kit)

hello, for connecting the internet, we plugged our laptop connected wifi to the channel-B of the nvidia ethernet connector via an ethernet cable ,and we connected the nvidia ethernet connector to the 10GbE 1 of the Nvidia box. It worked before, but it doesn’t work anymore and the led light of the ethernet connector is always in red/orange,how could we resolve this problem?

connector is like this.

Have you resolved the issue with Tegra B by reflashing it? Also, could you please create a separate topic for the network issue?

Hello, I tried to reflash the Xavier B via Xavier A, but during the reflashing process, I need to use the internet for reinstall something,that’s why I continue to ask you question here.
And also I met the problem that XavierA is in black screen whthout reason .
For recreating a seperate topic, I will do it, and I am so sorry for the unconvenience.

I don’t understand how to reflash Xavier B via Xavier A.
Please try reflashing both Xavier A and B with SDK Manager running on your host system.

Because we plugged the video cable to the NVIDIA and the screen does not show anything ,how can we use the SDK Manager in XavierB to do flashing? So we decided to use the linux command/SDK manager in XavierA for reflashing the XavierB based on your response and the similar problem’s solution I found in the developperzone.

Now our main problem is/
1.We want to do the flahsing for XavierB by the SDK Manager, but we need the internet for installation(that’s why I asked you the question about connecting the internet yesterday)

2.Is it possible that we flash the XavierB by using the external computer?(for example, we connect our computer to the Nvidia by connectors , we download the SDK manager in my own computer and we do the flashing for Nvidia)

3.If we reflash the XavierB, does it has any risk for losing the data?(Because you answered that there has no risk for losing data in XavierA, I just want to knot the other)

Thank you so much.

The only way to flash is from a host system.

Please refer to the document to connect the host and devkit using a USB 2.0 Type A to Type A cable. Additionally, refer to the installation guide mentioned in my previous post to run the SDK Manager on the host system and flash Xavier A/B.

Yes, I did the same thing that instruction let us do, but if I want to use the SDK manager to flash XavierA/B, I need the network access/internet first to install,but here has no internet as always.
So I think that my major problem is the connection of the internet now, thank you for your reply and your patient.

he SDK Manager runs on the host system, therefore, you only need to ensure that the host system is connected to a network.

Thank you for your reply, but how can I ensure the internet connection of the host system and how could I enter the SDK manager interface?

Your host is a Ubuntu PC and you have to make sure your PC has internet access. You need to run SDK Manager on it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.