What does your Xavier dev kit look like?

I always have the same issue when working with development boards: at some point, servos, motors, wires, buttons, and the rest always end up looking like a hot mess, leading to extreme confusion over time. Maybe I’m the only one afflicted, but I wonder what other developers’ hardware looks like? Is it streamlined or a mess?

I ended up building this case for the Xavier NX when it arrived. This way, I have a clean setup for power distribution and cable management. It has helped drastically in development, as I don’t have a nightmare of nerd stuff everywhere and time spent tracing wires when I come back to a project!

A main push button switch turns power on to two buck converters, set up to ~19v and ~ 5v. A momentary switch turns the Xavier on. Each voltage goes to a breadboard rail that I can tap into for motors/servos/etc. Coupled with the converters, the DeWalt battery is perfect for delivering solid consistent power. I can get a few hours out of it running object detection software from the kit, and many hours of low power coding/development.

Just curious how others handle the hacky mess that development boards bring! Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice work. My Xavier NX lives in a 3d printed case (STL provided by a community member, sorry I forgot the name…)

1 Like

Awesome that looks nice and compact! I definitely ran into situations in this build that a 3D printer would have been so helpful; I need to invest in one.