When gst-launch open the TX2 camera, camera_override.isp can not find

Hi, Nvidia partner:

When I use gst-launch-1.0 to open the TX2 onboard OV5693 camera, the terminal warning that “No override file found”.

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=NV12' ! nvoverlaysink -ev
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
OFParserGetVirtualDevice: virtual device driver node not found in proc device-tree
OFParserGetVirtualDevice: virtual device driver node not found in proc device-tree
LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/Calib/camera_override.isp] 1/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 2/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/opt/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 3/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/<b>camera_overrides.isp</b>] 4/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/camera_overrides.isp] 5/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/settings/e3326_front_P5V27C.isp] 6/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/opt/nvidia/nvcam/settings/e3326_front_P5V27C.isp] 7/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/e3326_front_P5V27C.isp] 8/16---- imager: <b>No override file found</b>. ----

Available Sensor modes : 
2592 x 1944 FR=30.000000 CF=0x1109208a10 SensorModeType=4 CSIPixelBitDepth=10 DynPixelBitDepth=10
2592 x 1458 FR=30.000000 CF=0x1109208a10 SensorModeType=4 CSIPixelBitDepth=10 DynPixelBitDepth=10
1280 x 720 FR=120.000000 CF=0x1109208a10 SensorModeType=4 CSIPixelBitDepth=10 DynPixelBitDepth=10
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...

NvCameraSrc: Trying To Set Default Camera Resolution. Selected sensorModeIndex = 1 WxH = 2592x1458 FrameRate = 30.000000 ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

Although the camera can open and the preview can display on screen, but i am not sure these all running well.
I want to know the "imager: No override file found"s influence.
And, camera_overrides.isp for what? It it a sensor tunning configure file? Also the e3326_front_P5V27C.isp means.

Thinks!

You are correct, camera_overrides.isp is a sensor tuning file. It contains parameters used by the ISP. If no settings are present defaults are used.

Now, we are developing an other sensor Bayer sensor driver, does these default parameters can suite for my new sensor?
Should I need to produce my our “camera_overrides.isp” for the new sensor?

Yes, if you care about the image quality you have to go through the tuning process.
BTW, you need camera scaling partner to help to go through this.

How can I get the help from camera scaling partner?
I know NVIDIA has a tuning tools for Image quality tuning, but not include in the BSP release.
We are a camera product company, develop the camera product for Tegra Application. Can you supply the [tuning tools] to us for a good image quality tuning ?

Hi limiao,

We can’t release the tuning tool due to IP and other business agreement issue, however we have enable camera partner to provide the support for customers, please find their information from below page:
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/partners[/url]

Thanks