When I opened my jetson nano today, its system changed from Ubuntu to linux. What happened and what should I do? Did Jetson give up Ubuntu to linux

As described in the title, I have never done anything similar to resetting the system before. Is it my short circuit fault that led to what mode? This is my current desktop and version number

Are you using nano 4gb or nano 2gb?

Since Ubuntu is a “flavor”/“distribution” of Linux, perhaps it was just a change in the software which populates that file. What do you see from “cat /etc/issue”? If you have other software which depends on “/proc/version” saying Ubuntu I imagine that could be a problem, but normally it won’t matter.

I’ll try it, because I’ve been used to using Ubuntu for a long time, and I’m not used to suddenly changing my style

4gb

Keep in mind that this is Ubuntu, but that’s just one distributor of Linux. You may have found it says just “Linux” somewhere, but all Ubuntu is Linux. It’s probably not changed, but is likely instead just not giving you the distribution name.

So what do I need to do to restore to the original Ubuntu branch

free -m

What is the result from this command?

1638152712(1)
The result is this, but I think the memory space should have nothing to do with this

I won’t just ask you to check the memory for no reason.

Please refer to /etc/systemd/nvfb-early.sh on your nano. Change the default display manger to gdm3 and do re-configure.

# Read total memory size in megabyte
TOTAL_MEM=$(free --mega | awk '/^Mem:/{print $2}')
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        TOTAL_MEM=$(echo "scale=1;${TOTAL_MEM}/1000" | bc)
        TOTAL_MEM=$(echo "${TOTAL_MEM}" | awk '{print int($1+0.5)}')

# If RAM size is less than 4 GB, set default display manager as LightDM
        if [ -e "/lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service" ] &&
                [ "${TOTAL_MEM}" -lt 4 ]; then
                DEFAULT_DM=$(cat "/etc/X11/default-display-manager")
                if [ "${DEFAULT_DM}" != "/usr/sbin/lightdm" ]; then
                        echo "/usr/sbin/lightdm" > "/etc/X11/default-display-manager"
                        wait_debconf_resource
                        DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive DEBCONF_NONINTERACTIVE_SEEN=true dpkg-reconfigure lightdm
                        echo set shared/default-x-display-manager lightdm | debconf-communicate
                fi
        fi
else
        echo "ERROR: Cannot get total memory size."
fi

Thank you for your reply. This operation seems to be useful, but why did my display manager change? Is it related to the operation of updating the system? Because I haven’t modified the display manager recently

That is what I want to know too.

Did you run any command like apt get upgrade recently?

Yes, because I want to try to update my jetpack package through Ota

Which version were you using and what are you using now?

The version currently in use is 32.5.2

Just to clarify something, if the display manager changed, then it is still running Ubuntu. That never changed. Your upgrade might have changed display manager, but unless the particular Ubuntu release changed the display manager, then it should keep the one you have. However, sometimes the same display manager will look different with a newer release. Don’t know for your case, but you’ve been running the Ubuntu distribution of Linux, and still are. I have no idea if the default display manager changed across releases.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.