- When will the Nvidia Web Drivers be released for macOS Mojave 10.14 -

^^ Winning Post ^^

In theory NVIDIA can develop and release a new round of macOS drivers for their GTX (and now RTX) cards anytime they want, irrespective of whether CUDA is working or not.

That said, other than gamers almost everyone who wants to use NVIDIA on Mac, wants to use it because they’re running CUDA-accelerated software like Octane or Adobe Premiere. So if they did release the drivers tomorrow, but without CUDA extensions, that would be useful mostly to gamers and people using apps that drive viewports with OpenGL). Even running with OpenCL apps would be of limited use as NVIDIA’s implementation is not as good as AMD’s (for obvious reasons if you know the history of OpenCL and CUDA).

Bottom line: NVIDIA and Apple should put past bad blood behind them and work together for the benefit of their customers (and a lot of people who want to become NVIDIA customers but won’t because they won’t give up on Mac).

I am tired of Apple’s issues with nVidia, no matter who started it. Mac users want nVidia and if Apple truly is listening to their customers, they would make this right. Not allowing external graphic box access to nVidia should also be addressed by Apple. Hopefully nVidia can get around Apple’s pettiness and can keep up with Apple’s updates, something that has been an issue. Clearly Apple has no interest in helping. Shame on Apple.

Hi everyone. Be sure and vote on the poll at the top of the page. Thanks

I have a Titan X Pascal and I don’t even know what AMD card would have the same performance.
I’m sticking with NVIDIA until this can be solved.

LMFAO, nVidia does perform well in windows in ALMOST SAME CONFIG, but in macOS, it clearly doesn’t. Since you have been nViida die hard fan you won’t believe that

Wow! that long reply. -_-

Anyway, personally I also prefer nVidia, but just for this I intended to switch to AMD. But I hope nVidia may will release web driver before my switch, so that I can’t switch. xD

No offence :)

I ordered now an AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition FE 16GB Graphics Card to replace my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB card.

NVIDIA has to November 1st till it arrives… wonder what arrives first, driver or AMD card. :)

estimated time? we work in my office with mac and we need the update, we are dedicated to graphic design and games, we need to update our creations and adapt them to Apple updates as in this case Mojave, we are betatester and we take care of correcting our games and programs so that work in the new systems.
We hope it does not take long, it is very uncomfortable to do all the tests from Windows with alternative Software. Nvidia we have always been very happy with your hardware and we hope you are working on it to offer us a solution as soon as possible. Sorry for my english I used the google translator.

Have a look…

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-Vega-Frontier-vs-GeForce-GTX-1080

Yes, blue… but hidden inside my Mac Pro. ;)

Best feature: Works without special drivers not yet available in my 5,1 Mac Pro. :D

Reminder to everyone! Please go to the top of this page to cast your vote!!

Most of you are talking about changing from nvidia to amd and the other way around like you are talking about changing socks. May I ask you ppl, these are expensive toys, how can you even afford to switch that easily from one expensive gfx card to another one, just because… because you need, need, need the newest OS update, that in fact brings nothing spectacular…

Apple is in bed with AMD due to nVidia’s attempt at extracting royalties that Apple thought extravagant. nVidia even sued some companies, not Apple, and after the failure to get the court to side with nVidia, they had to retreat. Unfortunately, Apple already got a bad taste in their mouth for nVidia even suggesting they pay royalties and AMD swopped in, offered to bend over backwards for Apple, so they got in bed with AMD.

Right now, nVidia is on the outs at Apple. Everything from here on in will be in nVidia’s hands to develop. Apple won’t even give out pre-information to nVidia like it does AMD. AMD gets huge lead times to develop the hardware and software needed and nVidia gets it when the general developers do.

I still prefer nVidia and will wait for the drivers, but I should wish nVidia would make peace with Apple, no matter what it took. Mac users prefer nVidia products in their Macs. It stinks that this rift between Apple and nVidia is hurting Mac users like us.

bjr patience vous dites !!! moi je perds une certaine somme d’argent chaque jour a cause de votre lenteur de dev en webdriver mojave donc 27 mac immobilisé !! je passe en AMD cette semaine !! et Apple m’a certifié qu’en aucun cas il ne vous ont bloqué cette MAJ

[

Hello when release? Nvidia web driver for macOS Mojave 10.14? am waiting for it so plz tell me the date.

Thanks

They have already said it would take at least 2-3 weeks at best. I don’t think you’ll get a better ‘date’ than that I’m afraid. Coding doesn’t work like that.

Link to where they said 2-3 weeks, please?

I thought it was this thread/forum, but I might have seen it elsewhere. I can’t find it on t his thread now. Either way, I would never consider that a hard date. When someone gives me a range like that, I usually double it. Coding can be very tricky when having to deal with these kind of changes. Metal is nice for speed, but a bear to code for.

Hi everyone. Please remember to go to the top of this page and cast your vote. Thank you!

[Following to be notified] (anxiety like everyone else)