Xavier AGX Type-C to Display Port Issue on Boot

I use for Xavier Agx type-c to dp convertor. If I reboot the xavier it is not detecting the display. I have to always remove cable and plug it again. Also I see same behaviour with my laptop which is installed Ubuntu 18.04 as OS. On my laptop when I enabled the modules from kernel with command modprobe “typec_displayport” and “typec_nvidia” it is working perfect. But I couldnt find on jetpack 4.4 kernel typec_displayport module. Is there any prebuild kernel module which is support type c display port for jetson xavier.

Hi,

The hardware are different between laptop and jetson Xavier. We don’t have such driver and actually we don’t need it.

If you are using NV jetson xavier devkit then it does have type C port and it supprorts DP.

Do you mean you connect like below but DP cannot work if you reboot?

type C port on Xavier devkit → typeC to DP → DP port on monitor.

If so, could you share the dmesg with DP connected and reboot?

Hi WayneWWW,
Yes exactly like thaht
type C port on Xavier devkit -> typeC to DP -> DP port on monitor.
Also when I run xrandr command it looks does not recognize the monitor on display port. First command is before the reboot. The dmesges are attached.

ros@jetson-xavier:~$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1280 x 800, maximum 32767 x 32767
HDMI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-0 connected primary 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 260mm x 160mm
1280x800 59.81*+
1280x720 60.00
1024x768 60.01
800x600 60.32
DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

ros@jetson-xavier:~$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
HDMI-0 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

1_dmesg_plugincable.txt (92.7 KB) 2_reboot_dmesg.txt (89.0 KB) 3_dmesg.txt (72.4 KB)

Hi,

Could you try different type C cable and different monitor?

The dmesg seems has no error in 2_reboot_dmesg.txt

Is this still an issue to support? Any result can be shared?

Hi kaycc,
I’m living in Turkey and unfortunately I couldn’t find any converter which is suggested by Nvidia. But on the other hand whit my converter I never face issue whit windows operating system and Ubuntu which is installed thinkpad brand laptop.

1 Like

Hi Baris,
May I ask you to elaborate on “converter which is suggested by Nvidia” - where can I find that list?
Thank you!

Hi Michael,
The link is on Jetson AGX Xavier user manuel. https://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r32-3-1_Release_v1.0/jetson_agx_xavier_developer_kit_user_guide.pdf?DVCsRoX4IkP-eDvP0YbcyHhiqa5V1aEH-39BBSycOt6r5GhjMuqVdEl0_qRt4Ow4HDRtpPAC7vDbU-j2fpD7P_bZnOR8km4daS0dzq8dTIQeNVZ76sCiZDwDT101iHmXwofbFHFsKs54pIe20IdveGNPpSQL_kAWm9tYVwrzBfUTwgTWjleSXT3zVjnVHOg this is the link for manuel. On Page 4 you will see link Jetson Xavier Supported Component List . But the link is not working anymore.