Backdrop is not visible

I downloaded and exported this scene as USD with latest connector:

However, now I cannot see the hdri backdrop at all:

It is there and I even saw it the first time I loaded the scene, but it disappeared and now It is unvisible also with totally fresh new USD export from UE.

Please help?

I’ll check this out @pekka.varis - have you looked to see if the scale of the mesh is very very large? There are some levels in Unreal with sky spheres 50 km in diameter. If this is the case the Create camera will clip it.

@pekka.varis I just found some inconsistency that is based on texture streaming in Create.

If I disable texture streaming then the HDRI reliably loads. If I enable texture streaming then the HDRI doesn’t consistently load.

This confuses me slightly because you’re running Machinima 2021.2.0, and texture streaming isn’t enabled by default… did you enable it?

Note that the failing texture is probably HDRI_Sunrise.dds and it’s 805MB.

Here’s my log when texture streaming failed on my HDRI:

[Error] [carb.graphics-direct3d.plugin] HRESULT: 0x80070057
[Error] [carb.graphics-direct3d.plugin] CreateReservedResource failed.
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] Texture creation failed for the device: 0.
[Error] [carb.graphics-direct3d.plugin] HRESULT: 0x80070057
[Error] [carb.graphics-direct3d.plugin] CreateReservedResource failed.
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] Texture creation failed for the device: 0.
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] Failed to create texture for streaming immediately after successfully caching it```

Great, thanks!

I must have ticked it when I was trying to solve the missing materials issue - opening the localhost in browser solved that, but I left that streaming setting on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.