Black screen with HDR/240 hz when switching or closing game fullscreens

Hi,
I have a odyssey g9 oled monitor, 4080 super, and intel 14900k. It used to be beautiful for gaming but recently about for a month now, Im facing issues when alt tabbing or quitting games in full screen. The screen goes black. It comes back when I unplug and replug the display cable.
A quick search led to the conclusion there are issues with dsc, however they seem to be only cases of a intermediary black screen, which is not my case where it stays like that. I was able to fix the issue by turning off hdr and lowering refresh rate from 240hz to 120hz. Switching to borderless/windowed mode also works.
I have rolled back recently installed drivers and even reset my pc. None of them seems to work.
Can someone help please?

1 Like

Hello,

Welcome to the NVIDIA Developer forums. This community serves the developer ecosystem.

For consumer issues, please visit the GeForce forums.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/

Best regards.

Having this issue too. The only thing that seems to resolve it is disabling GSYNC–

Samsung Odyssey + Nvidia 40 Series are not playing nice.

System now crashes fully instead of just going to black screen. Have rolled back drivers, and updated BIOS; GSYNC disable is the only fix for hard crashes.

Hello, I just bought this monitor and I am having this issue too. After a lot of troubleshooting, I believe the cause of this issue is the monitor’s firmware. Our monitors received a firmware update on March 2024 and that is when your issue arose despite it working fine previously. As of July 2024, there has not been a firmware update and the next update may not even address this issue so I will be returning my monitor.

Hello,

I have a 13900k and Odyssey G9 OLED monitor. The issue started when I switched my 3080Ti to 4080 Super. Upon research, I found out that disabling Game Mode on the monitor seems to solve this issue. No other settings on the graphics card (or drivers) did anything to it. For the time being it’s been 1 day and I haven’t seen this issue when I disabled Game Mode, I hope it stays that way.