We have a new version of Blender up on the launcher. This is based on Blender 3.2 alpha and includes many bug fixes and several improvements for the USD import and export pipeline!
Overwrite TexturesUSD export option to allow overwriting existing files when exporting textures.
- When the
Convert uv to stexport option is enabled, the active uv map will be renamed
st. This can help address the issue where the wrong uv set is assigned in Create when there are multiple uv sets. Resolved Community Bug: UV not transferring to USD correctly
- Read all color attributes on USD import. Previously only the
displayColorprimvar was imported.
- Color and normal inputs of exported USDs are now of type
- Added support for handling
clearcoatRoughnessUSD Preview Surface shader inputs on USD export.
- By default we now enable the
Convert uv to stUSD export option.
- By default we now enable reading color attributes.
- By default we now set the USD Preview Surface
emissiveColorinput on USD export.
We appreciate the Community feedback and we are working on having more improvements and fixes coming up in the next release.