Bug - UV not transferring to USD correctly

Hi,

I’m exporting a street light to USD and noticed the UV was transfer incorrectly when view in Create. If I export as an FBX, it will transfer correctly, just not USD. Thanks.

Hello @tcheng00! Thanks for letting us know! I have contacted the development team to look into this.

Could you give us some more information about your working environment for our bug report?

• Operating System
  • GPU / GPU Driver
  • Application(s) Used / Version Number
  • Full log file found here:
    • C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.nvidia-omniverse\logs\Kit\Create
    • C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Omniverse\Blender

Thanks. Glad to be here. Really love the program. Here’s my info.

Windows 10 Pro
2070 Super - latest studio drivers 511.65
Blender 3.1 Alpha USD build

I couldn’t find the Blender log file in the directory location defined.

Here’s the log from Omniverse Create.
kit_20220323_113954.log (394.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you @tcheng00! An internal ticket was created for this issue ( OM-46717 ).

1 Like

Hi @tcheng00 . Would it be possible for you to provide a .blend file that exhibits the problem, so that we can reproduce and debug the issue? Thank you!

Sent you a DM with a google drive link to the file. Let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks.

Hi @tcheng00. My apologies for the delayed reply!

The issue is that those meshes have multiple UV sets. If there are multiple UVs, Create will look for a UV set named st to apply first. If it can’t find the st set, it will apply the first set, in alphabetical order by name. I was able to get the correct UVs to be applied by renaming the active UV sets in Blender to st. To help fix this, we will be providing a new USD export option in Blender to automatically rename the active UV sets to st in the USD. The sets will be renamed in the exported USD only, without changing the names in the Blender scene.

In the meantime, you might need to manually rename the active UVs in your Blender scene to get around this. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have questions or if the workaround doesn’t address this for you.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this. I’ll start making the changes to get it exported out. Much appreciated.

Actually, would it be possible to export only the active UVs? This why I don’t have to delete the second UV.

Please check out the new release, Blender 3.2.0 alpha on Launcher!
The issue you reported should now be fixed, please let us know if run into any problems.
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.