Cannot flash agx orin in recovery mode

So a little history. My AGX Orin was working fine, then I flashed to jetpack 6 (it came with 5). All worked great. Then, there was something I needed that required jetpack 5, so I attempted to flash it again. That’s where things went awry. I was able to flash through SSH but after I rebooted the agx orin it would not boot. So I put it in recovery mode am currently trying to reflash back to 6. The problem is because it’s in recovery mode, I can’t flash through ssh anymore (must be through USB). I am getting the following error:

info: [   0.2083 ] Sending bct_br
error: [   0.2084 ] ERROR: might be timeout in USB write.
error: Error: Return value 3 

I have tried multiple different USB cables. I have tried different USB ports. I have tried my laptop (which is 20.04) and also my desktop (22.04 but running SDK through docker). I get the same error. The orin definitely appears under lsusb and is recognized via sdkmanager. I have googled as much as I can but can’t seem to find any explanation or solution.

I would suggest share full log but not just these 3 lines.

I turned it off for a bit, took a break, came back and the USB flash magically started working. Have no idea how or why.

Probably due to usb autosuspend function on the host PC. We have a FAQ here.

I had already tried that, but it’s possible some combination of rebooting the host or orin and applying that change made it work magically or something.